Supervisor, Laboratory Support Services
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Supervisor of Laboratory Support Services is accountable for
driving results in a fast-paced environment by managing the daily
activities of Laboratory Support Technicians and Material
Management / Sample Control Unit (SCU) Specialists. The Laboratory
Support Supervisor must have a strong laboratory background and
have a detailed understanding of cGMP laboratory operation,
including purchasing/receiving, reference standard/sample
management, DEA functions, project log in, and lab support
activities. The Supervisor will provide mentoring, training, and
general guidance and instruction to the group. The Supervisor will
work independently on routine work, requiring minimal input from
management. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of
the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as
expertise in functional competencies included in this position
* Receives incoming samples for analysis and logs them into system
to initiate chain-of-custody tracking.
* Generates projects/laboratory packages for laboratory
* Collaborates with Analytical Laboratory Managers, Project
Management, Sales and Business Development, Quality, all Alcami
laboratory locations and SCU personnel to ensure accurate
processing, including analytical specifications and methods are in
place, for accurate project generation and timely delivery of
samples for testing.
* Uses multiple computer software programs to log in, manage and
maintain material status and testing requirements.
* Performs documentation accurately and completely.
* Manages reference standard inventory and storage.
* Manages laboratory sample storage, chain-of-custody, and
* Acts as POA and manages DEA activities including year-end
inventory, procurement quota, ARCOS reporting, importing/exporting
of controlled substances and List I Chemicals
* Performs tasks in support of the laboratory operations and/or
schedules these tasks to be completed by a member of their
* Monitors temperature and humidity of laboratories and chambers,
including maintenance and review of chart recorders in labs.
* Orders and stocks laboratory supplies.
* Completes daily balance checks and monthly spindle checks for
dissolution baths daily.
* Inspects chemicals and reagents, and removal of expired
* Ensures training of the group is complete and effectively leads
and mentors employees.
* Evaluates and optimizes the quality and efficiency of the
processes in the Materials Management & Sample Control Unit
* Drives laboratory and quality improvements.
* Ensures adherence to personnel SOPs and other regulatory
* Monitors the quality and efficiency of the group.
* Resolves questions through collaboration with laboratory
* Maintains consistent, accurate, and up-to-date notes and
* Performs duties, on schedule, with accuracy and competency.
* Generates and revises SOPs, as needed.
* Interacts with clients or with the FDA during audits, or to
address any potential audit requests or observations.
* Leads and/or assists with controlled drug audits, inspections and
* Participates in company sponsored training, as needed.
* Communicates with clients and internal groups effectively.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
* Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team to meet
the current and evolving needs of the business through effective
selection, training and development, coaching and mentoring and
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in a Science filed with 5+ years of related
experience in area to be supervised;
* Previous supervisory experience preferred.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience in the area of
* Knowledge of cGMP procedures.
* Knowledge of cGMP documentation requirements.
* Basic problem solving abilities.
* Consistent attention to details.
* Proficient with computer.
* Strong oral and written communication.
* Works well in team setting.
* Directly leads team of approximately 2- 9 direct reports.
* Participates in the hiring process of other employees.
* Makes hiring decisions of other employees.
* Schedules and reviews the work of other employees.
* Ensures accuracy and relevance of assigned training
* Drives timely completion of training for employees to meet
* Coaches, mentors and develops other employees.
* Prepares and delivers performance evaluations of other
* Makes recommendation of disciplinary actions of other
* Up to 5% travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Durham , Supervisor, Laboratory Support Services, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!