Senior Global Category Sourcing Manager - Clinical Lab
Posted on: September 17, 2020
The Senior Global Category Sourcing Manager is responsible to
manage and drive measurable improvement in Parexels procurement
strategies for his/her assigned categories. The incumbent performs
assignments requiring a solid knowledge of the market(s) for
assigned categories as well as procurement best practices,
theories, principles and disciplines. S/he evaluates variable
issues and risks; facilitates mitigation and resolution of issues
and interacts with management on a regular basis.
S/he will oversee major global purchases and coordinate associated
work with Business Analysts and Procurement Specialists with the
support of the Category Leader. In this position, s/he will also be
responsible providing best practice consultation and for
collaborating with internal clients, qualifying and developing
sourcing/supplier strategies. Ensure compliance and alignment with
strategic corporate goals, contractual requests and stipulations
from clients including risk management, GxP regulations, total cost
of ownership. The Category Manager is accountable for the 7 step
sourcing process for contracts generally valued at over $1 million
and for delivering annual multi-million dollar savings aligned with
Corporate and SBU EBITDA savings goals.
Key Accountabilities: Category Strategy Development and
- Develop, propose and implement strategic global and regional
category plans that align with business strategies and goals.
- Manage, and drive measurable improvement in the selection and
development of suppliers to optimize value in assigned categories
with support of the Category Leader.
- Perform internal assessment of current and future needs,
external assessment of market trends and competitive suppliers;
develop financial models to assess Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
and opportunities to leverage changes in specifications, processes,
systems and products to lower TCO; work closely with Business Units
Corporate Departments and Category Leader to establish and
implement the category strategy.
Develop and Execute Sourcing Strategy
- Based on the category sourcing strategy and TCO, select and
negotiate with suppliers; establish and maintain contractual and
business relationships with the suppliers; communicate with
Business Units and Corporate Department influencers and users on
- Execute, for the categories owned, the following procurement
process steps: Needs/specifications; category strategy development;
supplier negotiations; implementation; supplier development;
contract administration, measurement and monitoring.
- Facilitate discussions with cross-functional teams to ensure
that Business Units and Corporate Departments provide input and are
represented in the execution of the strategies for their
Global Category Market Expertise
- Remain current with future trends within the marketplace by
maintaining relationships with suppliers, and other market experts;
recommend new technologies and solutions
Negotiate and Manage Contracts
- Negotiate terms and conditions with key global and regional
suppliers for medium to large dollar contracts to ensure optimum
price competitiveness and service levels are maintained.
- With Legal, manage the contract review process and ensure
company risk is minimized.
- Responsible for ensuring that all business requirements are
- Collaborate with the sourcing specialists and/or supplier
relationship manager in the development of scorecards and
participate in supplier governance reviews.
World-class Service Delivery
- Work with key management and Category Lead to help develop the
strategic direction to attain world-class service delivery.
- Facilitate cooperation and the development of company-wide
standards to facilitate strong links between Parexel and its
suppliers; lead and drive supplier development where
- Strong preference to have category management experience with
Clinical Translations, Ancillaries, Medical Equipment and Home
- 3 (three) plus years of experience in category management,
strategic sourcing and a total of 7 (seven) to 10 (ten) years of
professional procurement experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large global projects
coupled with financial responsibility.
- Experience in negotiating contracts and knowledge of key
- Experience in a procurement role demonstrating strong technical
and analytical skills and a track record of success working in a
global, team-based environment.
- BS in Business, Finance or Supply Chain. MBA Preferred.
- C.P.M. or equivalent professional certification preferred.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: PAREXEL, Durham , Senior Global Category Sourcing Manager - Clinical Lab, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!