Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1906363
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Durham, NC
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Designs and implements master data solutions using cloud and open
source distributed technologies. Builds platforms
to collect and store master customer data. Uses business knowledge
to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into
business solutions by developing complex or multiple software
applications and conducting studies of alternatives.
Analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies,
procedures, standards, and strategies to
development experts and management.
• Participates in architecture design teams.
• Defines and implements application level architecture.
• Develops applications on complex projects, components, and
subsystems for the division.
• Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and
reviews and validates test plans.
• Responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or
• Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects
across multiple platforms.
• Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for
• Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for
• Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various
• Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical
evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
• Advises senior management on technical strategy.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer
Science, Engineering, Information Technology,
Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related
field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered
or five (5) years of experience developing APIs and master data
solutions to scale within a financial services
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely
related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience in years of
experience developing APIs and master data solutions to
scale within a financial services environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) evaluating, prototyping, and
adapting new open-source messaging technologies -
Kafka and Kafka Connect -- to enable real-time data integration
between internal and external systems; performing
application log collection and monitoring using Elastic Search,
Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) stack.
• DE developing REST APIs using Spring framework and Apache Tomcat
server; and performing automated testing
using, Parasoft SOATest.
• DE developing highly available, low latency, distributed database
applications using Oracle; developing and tuning
Oracle PL/SQL stored procs with UI creation using Oracle Apex; and
performing entity relationship data modeling
(conceptual, logical, and physical) using Power Designer.
• DE developing CI/CD pipelines for Linux scripts, Oracle DDL/DML,
and Rest API services using Docker, Jenkins,
Stash, and uDeploy; and developing and supporting distributed
applications running on Cassandra NOSQL database.
To apply visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Durham , Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1906363, Finance , Durham, NC, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!