Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1903418
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Durham, NC
Posted on: April 5, 2019
Designs and develops Microbatch web services to expose data content
through RESTful and SOAP APIs as reusable services for rapid
application consumption, using: Oracle, Java/Python, API Gateway,
JSON, and XML, according to Agile methodologies. Develops Data
Ingestion Framework for warehouse history processing of high volume
data transactions using cloud technologies. Provides business
solutions by developing multiple or complex software applications.
Develops CloudFormation templates for AWS cloud resources and
integrations for historical and daily processes.
• Gathers, designs, and architects requirements to understand
business needs for new and enhanced projects. Performs process
reconciliation, purging, rolebacks, and archiving.
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
• Performs release management activities to promote applications to
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer
Science, Applied Computer Science, Computer Applications,
Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics,
or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the
offered or three (3) years of experience designing and developing
applications using Oracle, AWS Cloud, and Big Data ecosystems.
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems,
Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1) year
in the job offered or one (1) year of experience designing and
developing applications using Oracle, AWS Cloud, and Big Data
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) developing Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
Hive, Spark, and Big Data applications in AWS Cloud for:
Flat files, Web Service XML, and HDFS file systems for data
migration and ingestion process.
• DE designing and developing Lambda functions using: s3 real time
events, CloudFormation templates, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB)
for EC2 clusters, Cloud watch schedules, and Simple Notification
cloud services to migrate data from on-prem to cloud.
• DE performing PL/SQL development using RESTful Web services to
implement Data as a Service (DAAS) framework within an Oracle
environment; implementing UTPL testing and performance tuning; and
deploying and automating using Stash, Jenkins, and UDeploy to
improve performance and automations.
• DE performing data analysis, lineage, and data extraction for
source Hive, Oracle and Flat files using Informatica EDC/BDM,
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Durham , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1903418, Finance , Durham, NC, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!