Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1812011
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Durham, NC
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Duties: Uses business knowledge to translate organization objectives
into business solutions by developing multiple and complex data
solutions and software applications. Leads activities related to
studying and identifying alternative technical solutions. Analyzes and
recommends changes in project development policies, procedures,
standards, and strategies to development experts and management.
• Participates in architecture design teams.
• Defines and implements application level architecture.
• Develops applications on complex projects, components, and
subsystems for the division.
• Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and
reviews and validates test plans.
• Responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
• Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects
across multiple platforms.
• Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for
• Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for
• Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various
• Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical
evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
• Advises senior management on technical strategy.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in
the job offered or five (5) years of experience architecting and
integrating data solutions with online and data warehousing systems;
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3)
years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience
architecting and integrating data solutions with online and data
Candidate must also possess:
Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development for
online customer-facing and data analytical applications, and conducting
performance tuning to improve application performance; and performing
design and implementation of end to end data delivery and management,
using RESTful API, Oracle Database, Cassandra, Unix, Informatica, and
Control M Scheduling;
DE evaluating, prototyping, and adapting new technology, utilizing open-
source tools (Kafka and Kafka Connect) to enable real-time data movement
between external and internal systems;
DE designing and implementing solutions for continuous integration and
continuous delivery for Oracle build and deployment, using Ant build,
Jenkins job integrated with Git repository, Virtual Database and Nexus
Repository, and uDeploy;
DE designing and architecting technical solutions; managing production
incident analysis and resolution; and delivering and tracking project
commitments using Jira and Confluence within an Agile methodology.
To apply, go to https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1812011.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Durham , Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1812011 , Finance , Durham, NC, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!