Senior Database Administrator - 1812008
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Durham, NC
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Duties: Performs database administration activities, including
installations, migration, upgrades, and cloning. Applies security and
enhancement patches for Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Exadata, and Netezza
databases. Designs infrastructural database models, including high
availability, failover/switch, and replication for mission critical
applications, using Oracle Real Application Cluster and Data Guard.
• Works with solution architect team to implement new versions and
• Creates database packages, procedures, functions, and triggers.
• Creates and maintains standby databases.
• Documents design, operational procedures, and standards for
complex and business critical databases.
• Designs and tests recoverability for non-highly available
• Maintains technical implementations of operational procedures.
• Works directly with the user community for project definition.
• Identifies users and situations that may be hazardous to the
• Designs and performs business continuity operations, including
database recovery, switching, and activation.
• Assists in developing business cases to justify information
security architecture initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience performing Oracle
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
performing Oracle database administration.
Candidate must also possess:
Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) performing database administration in
Oracle 11g /12c Real Application Cluster (RAC), including Oracle Exadata
and MS SQL Server, within a mission critical asset management
DE performing heterogeneous database replication and Cross-Platform
Database Migration using Golden Gate and Data Guard for mission critical
asset management database environments;
DE implementing database offerings, including multiple RDBMS
technologies and virtual database solutions -- Sybase, Netezza, Delphix,
DE testing backup and recovery scenarios using RMAN utility; and
performing database troubleshooting and performance and health
monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
To apply, go to https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1812008.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Durham , Senior Database Administrator - 1812008, Finance , Durham, NC, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!