Director, Architecture - 1812007
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Durham, NC
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Duties: Creates and maintains architecture plans and specifications for
client/server applications within a J2EE/Oracle environment, and guides
project and program level decisions to ensure alignment with the
organizational architecture strategy. Takes a lead role in building
common tools for web applications.
• Provides architecture leadership for financial product delivery.
• Participates in all aspects of technology financial product
• Develops and assesses technical solutions for assigned financial
• Establishes, implements, and enforces appropriate architecture
standards in the creation and implementation of the technical solution.
• Ensures delivery teams are following engineering best practices.
• Assesses and explains the present and future rationale of
• Mediates opposing viewpoints and negotiates equitable solutions
to ensure successful and stable outcomes for the product space.
• Contributes to multi-year technical roadmap, blueprints, and
reference architecture plans for assigned financial product line.
• Supports and communicates relevant IT Governance policy,
procedures, and processes.
• Provides strategic architecture guidance in support of project
• Provides technical solutions to highly performing modular
• Leads application development teams with engineering efficiency
works, CI/CD, and automation processes.
• Ensures applications are integrated with analytics tools and
provides A/B testing through Adobe Target.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics or a closely related field and six (6) years of experience in
the job offered or six (6) years of experience developing client/server
applications within a J2EE/Oracle environment;
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field and four (4)
years of experience in the job offered or four (4) years of experience
developing client/server applications within a J2EE/Oracle environment.
Candidate must also possess:
Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) developing applications for account
aggregation within a financial services environment; implementing Web
services within Websphere and Tomcat environments using SOAP and Rest
Services; and implementing rich user interfaces using J2EE, JQuery,
Angular, Flex, and Ajax;
DE integrating applications with Target and Ensighten analytics tools;
migrating services to and developing applications on Amazon Web Services
(AWS); and providing highly scalable, rich Web applications, and self
DE architecting solutions and online transaction processing applications
for investment advisor and correspondent financial services; and
architecting solutions and functionality for online retirement products
planning and guidance tools within a retail financial services
DE coordinating the architecture and development activities of an
onshore/offshore development team according to Agile methodologies and
leading technical teams -- mentoring and training associates on
development best practices, and providing proof of concepts using new
To apply, go to https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1812007.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Durham , Director, Architecture - 1812007, Finance , Durham, NC, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!