Project Manager - Scheduling
Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Overview Ready to join a team committed to developing and
commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated
by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing
cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy
for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the
midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate
individuals to join us on this important mission. AveXis, a
Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing
novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and
life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product
is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug
Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In
addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to
develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases,
including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1)
gene. AveXis is seeking a project manager to provide support to
Program teams. Must be highly motivated, organized,
solution-oriented, and efficient with strong technical aptitude and
the ability to work effectively with multiple team members. This
will be a fast-paced role within a cross functional project team.
- Works closely with Program Leaders to develop project plans,
risk mitigation strategies and timelines/milestones.
- Interfaces with functional group leaders including Engineering,
Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Supply Chain
to ensure aligned strategies, timelines.
- Manages project meeting content, project objectives and
progress to ensure adherence to project plans.
- Reports on project progress identifying issues and risks and
offering viable solutions and opportunities as they arise.
- Implements change practices.
- Leads meetings with workstream leaders and set expectations for
project teams. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required in science-related field.
- 7 years of relevant experience with experience in a cGMP
- PMP certification desired. Strong project management, budget
and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple high-level parallel tasks
effectively using technology (i.e. MS Project, Power Point), work
unsupervised and possess the ability to apply new techniques using
strong prioritization skills.
- Must display effective planning, organizational, and critical
thinking skills, innovativeness, and keen attention to detail and
excellent follow through.
- The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Approximately 20% travel required. The level of this position
will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or
veteran status. #LI-JH1
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Durham , Project Manager - Scheduling, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!