Senior Program Manager - Healthcare
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: September 13, 2019
We re on a mission to transform health care to become more
affordable and more efficient. Our move to value-based care is
aggressive, and we need someone who is ready to join a team of
passionate people who care deeply about ensuring our members
receive the highest possible quality of care at the lowest possible
Our team is growing quickly, and we need a pool of strong
candidates who have the right skills but also fit our culture. We
will have multiple roles opening later this summer, including this
position, and Talent Advisors will be reaching out to qualified
candidates as soon as we are ready to start interviewing.
In this role, we need a health care professional who can manage,
plan, design, and develop multiple/and or large complex programs.
The Senior Program Manager also would be responsible for all
aspects of program management including strategic planning, needs
analysis, content development, data analysis, vendor selection and
management and contract management.
* Plan, develop, implement and manage multiple/and or large complex
programs on an enterprise level. Coordinate interdepartmental
functions in order to minimize delays; work with program/project
team members on a regular basis to review deliverables and ensure
deadlines are met.
* Develop program strategy and supporting business case.
Lead/direct the development of the strategic approach for the
program, its major time frames and a definition of its major
deliverables to address needed goals and outcomes.
* Lead the program management team in establishing program
direction, identifying interdependencies, communicating program
requirements, tracking progress, making decisions, and resolving
conflicts and issues.
* Confer with team to explain program/project and individual
responsibilities for functions and phases of programs/projects.
Responsible for effective assignment and use of staff, contractors
and consultants to maximize the application of their capabilities
and their contribution value for cost to the program. Manage and
change assignments in the program within agreed upon
* Direct and coordinate activities concerned with implementation
and carrying out objectives of programs.
* Establish and monitor performance metrics and goals for programs,
including process measures, outcomes measures and financial
measures. Document and present program results through operational
reports, outcomes studies, presentations and publications.
* Monitor all program project executions, progress to plan and
production of major deliverables, intervening when necessary to
review the current state and direct adjustments to plans and
* Develop and manage budgets to control expenditures in accordance
with budget allocations, together with the conformance to timing,
limits and usage of funding as agreed upon in the spending plan for
the assigned program(s).
* Ensure that programs meet appropriate regulatory and
accreditation standards. Ensure that the program fully cooperates
with the organizational governance functions and provides oversight
for the definition and exercise of regular iteration and reporting
required by organizational governance policies.
* Manage vendor relationships and negotiate, administer and monitor
program contracts to ensure vendors meet service level
* Bachelor s degree and 7 years of program or project management
experience in the area of program specialization.
* In lieu of degree, 9 years of experience as stated above.
* Strategic visioning and planning skills to align program goals
and benefits with the long-term goals of the organization.
* Leadership skills are needed for managing program teams
throughout the program life cycle.
* Excellent time management skills to keep goals and objectives of
program on schedule.
* Superior communication and collaboration skills to deal with
various stakeholders, team members, sponsors, managing directors,
customers, vendors, senior management, and providers.
* Excellent organizational and management skills to effectively
manage the resources of the program (financial, vendors, processes,
* Strong knowledge and expertise in the area of programs
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Senior Program Manager - Healthcare, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!