Director, Division Financial Support
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Responsible for the integrated financial planning, reporting,
budgeting and analysis for multiple divisions, including numerous
Enterprise support divisions through direct oversight and support
of detailed financial planning. Partners with division senior
management to provide business insight and leadership on
operational and financial issues, ensuring alignment with
enterprise strategic goals and objectives. Directly responsible for
the management of budgets, expense planning and reporting, and
staffing models for these divisions.
* Accountable for development and communication of annual operating
budgets and monthly forecasts ensuring alignment with enterprise
and divisional strategic goals and objectives.
* Responsible for the integration of operational metrics, analytics
and informatics into financial management goals and strategies.
Understands emerging business trends and operational drivers and
translates operational performance into financial results.
* Ensures that reporting and analysis of budgets, forecasts, cost
allocations, staffing, and benchmarking are in alignment with and
support business financial models to be achieved by working in
close collaboration with appropriate Finance departments.
* Identifies underlying business drivers, capacity levels, and
operating constraints to maximize throughput at minimum financial
cost, while focusing on customers and key stakeholders needs.
* Advises senior management on financial matters, assessing and
explaining long and short-term implications of proposed/implemented
initiatives for the organization.
* Actively participates in business case development including
staffing/performance modeling and financial management requirements
for assigned functions, as well as on-going monitoring and
reporting of actual performance against the business case.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of detailed
staffing and capacity models to support resource needs in the
budget and forecasts. Oversees completion of detailed time studies
to support operational and efficiency metrics used in the staffing
* Ensures that long-term operating expense targets align with
target market pricing requirements.
* Effectively communicates with Blue Cross leadership to maximize
and maintain focus on corporate, divisional, and business unit
goals and objectives.
* Develops a competent, effective and motivated analytical
* Encourages an environment of accountability, collaboration and
trust while fostering team work both within the team and with
* Bachelors degree and 10 years of progressive financial/budget
management and/or project/program management experience
* 7-10 years of direct management experience and/or demonstrated
leadership in consulting, program/project management, or team
* Experience partnering with business executives, understanding and
meeting customer expectations
* Knowledge of basic accounting
* MBA or Masters degree preferred
* General business understanding of Blue Cross NC and/or health
* Strong qualitative skills
* Strong consultative orientation with excellent collaboration and
teaming skills a must
* Excellent financial and business acumen, proven analytical skills
and attention to detail
* Strong communication skills and the ability to achieve results
with key stakeholders across the company
* Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, initiatives,
* Sound critical thinking and business judgment
* Superior facilitation and presentation skills
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Director, Division Financial Support, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!