Vice President of Global IT Infrastructure and Operations
Company: RTI International
Posted on: July 14, 2019
RTI International, an international Non-Profit organization is
conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Vice
President of Global IT Infrastructure and Operations who will be
responsible for delivering high quality, reliable IT infrastructure
and operations to the company. This position is operationally
responsible for ensuring the global availability, integrity, and
scalability for all IT systems and infrastructure.
This is a key leadership position who will direct the teams in
charge of cloud services, unified communications, network services,
data center operations, servers and storage platforms, service
monitoring, and help desk. This role also reports directly into CIO
and will manage enterprise architecture and application
development, to design and execute on the company's technology
roadmap. The VP is a forward-looking technology leader who can
design and develop an infrastructure strategy and drive through to
execution and support. As a member of the IT senior leadership
team, and reporting to the CIO, the VP is an influential role,
making investment and priority trade-off decisions, negotiating and
managing vendor contracts, and recruiting, retaining, and
developing high performing teams.
- Accountable for a high-performing computing infrastructure
company-wide. This includes, but is not limited to, planning and
management of computer operations and production support, systems
and database administration, release management, business
continuity, network operations, telecom, cloud services, help desk,
and field support.
- Collaborate with the CIO and Chief Enterprise Architect to
develop strategic and tactical solution plans for IT, especially
RTI's future technology infrastructure.
- Conduct strategic and tactical level planning in partnership
with peers in IT to develop technical roadmap, and ensure delivery
of supportable technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Partner with the CIO and IT Leadership Team to build and
modernize the organizational structure and business processes to
support our growth in an increasingly digital world.
- Manage the evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies
including cloud, software defined networking, high performance
computing, continuous delivery and the latest collaboration
- Ensure cost-effective design, development, integration,
implementation, testing, and maintenance of new services, equipment
and systems in support of business objectives and
- Develop and lead a high performing infrastructure engineering
and operations team to ensure the reliable delivery of IT services
- Build strong links between development and operations to create
multidisciplinary teams that work together (remove silos).
- Drive a collaborative culture that values technical depth,
accountability, and customer service.
- Establish, maintain and execute operations procedures that
leverage efficiencies and best practices.
- Oversee service management activities including change and
release management, testing, quality assurance and end-to-end
- Oversee the direction of infrastructure investments in
collaboration with team members, the CIO, senior management, and
- Oversee cybersecurity protections on all IT infrastructure
resources according to policies and standards established by the
information security function/CISO.
- Drive the delivery of major technology and infrastructure
projects and service management improvements, ensuring that
quality, productivity, and ROI goals are achieved.
- Implement and maintain controls and monitoring procedures to
ensure availability of critical systems, and minimal service
- Develop a vendor management process, for products and services,
that delivers utilization optimization, a best-fit vendor mix, and
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Undergraduate degree or NANO degree in computer science,
mathematics, engineering, or a related field.An MS, MBA or related
advanced degree is a plus.Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technology leadership
positions with an emphasis on infrastructure services.
- Substantial experience leading, directing and controlling a
complex, highly technical operation or organization.
- Experience migrating IT infrastructure into a cloud
- Knowledge of business concepts, and an understanding of the
links between major business processes, products, systems, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and
the ability to apply those technologies to business needs.
- A track record of working collaboratively and productively with
- Deep knowledge of:
infrastructureDevOpssystem architecturetechnology life cycle
managementcloud computing and cloud operationsIaaS (public and
private cloud)CaaS (containers as a service)PaaS
technology-based security practicesapplication and infrastructure
monitoringvirtualizationdatabase and data center technologybusiness
integration/deliveryunified communicationsautomated software-based
infrastructure managementSkills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated administrative, financial, project management and
vendor management skills.
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence; can motivate
individuals and teams to achieve program and project
- Able to attract, develop and retain talent and build high
performing infrastructure and operations teams.
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT
standards and metrics to meet business requirements.
- A critical thinker: analytical, and focused on continuous
- Sets and communicates priorities effectively; able to manage
multiple tasks and priorities.
- A team-player able to support the broader enterprise while
delivering upon specific project/line of business
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and
collaborative methods; removes barriers, acts with a sense of
urgency, and leads by example.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Vendor negotiations and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to
explain technology solutions to in business terms; an effective
listener and communicator.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
a strategic thinker.
The city where the VP of IT Infrastructure will be located in
Research Triangle Park in NC
Why This Opportunity is Compelling:
- Join an organization that views technology as a strategic asset
and competitive differentiator.
- Build (or expand) a world-class infrastructure team.
- Design an adaptable, flexible, cloud-enabled infrastructure
that is a strategic asset to the company.
- Be part of a research institute that is dedicated to improving
the human condition and values personal purpose, operational
excellence and business results.
- Report to a visionary and highly respected CIO.
- Have career advancement opportunity: the VP is on the CIO
Keywords: RTI International, Durham , Vice President of Global IT Infrastructure and Operations, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!