Senior Project Manager, Inflammation, Infectious Disease & General Med
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job Overview Senior Project Manager, Inflammation, Infectious
Disease & General Medicine Home-Based in the US At times working
under the direction of a Project Director; the Senior Project
Manager oversees and manages domestic, regional and/or
international projects. Responsibilities typically include
developing and managing project teams, communications, risk, scope,
schedule, cost, quality, and stakeholders, effectively ensuring
that variance from plan is proactively and effectively mitigated
and client expectations are met. The Senior Project Manager is
expected to have a working knowledge of drug development and
clinical trial execution. They also compile and drive documentation
for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory
data. The Senior Project Manager may also have line management and
/ or business development responsibilities.
- Serve as key client contact for assigned projects, establishing
working relationships with client project teams which result in
client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase
potential for repeat business.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead
extended project team(s), ensuring effective cross-functional
teamwork among project team members including both internal and
external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of project(s),
this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project
- Serve as escalation point for project issues to internal and
external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions
and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain
on track with the contract and with financial performance targets.
Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactively manage
the change control process both internally and externally.
- Create and manage variance to required project plans. Per SOPs,
implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as
necessary. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s)
adheres to professional standards and SOPs, providing performance
feedback to team member's respective supervisors.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance
indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the KPIs are
within scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish
succession plans for key resources.
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver
presentations for new business as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education/Qualifications University/college degree (life science
preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession
(i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an
appropriately accredited institution. Preferred:
- Masters or other advanced degree.
- PMP certification. Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant clinical research
experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including at least two
(2) years of full project management responsibility.
- In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with (a) six (6)
years supervisory experience in a heath care setting and (b) five
(5) years clinical research experience including two (2) years of
project management experience (international clinical trial
management experience preferred) in the pharmaceutical or CRO
industries will be considered.
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including
international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical
- Working knowledge of project management processes.
- Experience managing projects in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
and to utilize resources effectively.
- Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate
staff within a matrix system.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team
members to seek solutions independently.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional
- Ability to present to staff at all levels.
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of
computer programs. Covance is committed to diversity in the
workplace and is an equal opportunity employer
(Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are
important to us.
Keywords: Covance, Durham , Senior Project Manager, Inflammation, Infectious Disease & General Med, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!