Manager Accounts Payable
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Manages the Accounts Payable department and provides support for
all Accounts Payable (AP) activities including payments, policies,
account reconciliations, 1099 reporting, systems updates and
testing, business continuity and audits. Manages AP vendor s team
of AP specialists paying invoices, special request payments, and
employee expenses. Ensures adherence to controls and drives
accountability with the vendor. Provides a high level of customer
service balanced by mitigating risk to the Company.
Leads/participates in projects related to AP and ensures accuracy
standards, customer service and other performance standards are
* Manage the AP vendor. This includes performance management,
monitoring adherence to Company AP policies, and oversees
resolution of escalated AP matters. Tracks and escalates to Blue
Cross NC management any AP vendor related service delivery
* Ensure vendor adheres to controls, maintains a high degree of
accuracy and that errors in the process are minimized.
* Design, recommend, implement, maintain and monitor AP processes,
policies and systems. Continuously focuses on processes to improve
and simplify the AP process from a control and business owner
* Develop, track, and report to management AP related metrics (days
to pay, invoices to be paid, AP aging, etc.).
* Perform monthly review of AP control and aging reports to monitor
* Manage the employee expense process; perform spot audits of
expense reports to check accuracy and adequacy of required
* Ensure AP policies are clear, current, relevant and regularly
* 5 years of experience in financial operations, preferably AP
* Experience across payer operational functions, including analysis
of operational data and application of results to decision-making
and process improvement
* Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting
* Direct experience with accounts payable and/or 1099
* Commitment to excellent customer service.
* Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
* Proven ability to work with changing priorities and to manage own
work and deadlines effectively.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
and employees, as well as with external customers and
* Excellent mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills..
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Manager Accounts Payable, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!