Problem Management - System Engineer IV
Company: The Clorox Company
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Drives continuous improvement of the IT operating model and the
associated process and systems to support them. Problem Management
owns the problem management process (and its continuous
improvement) and is responsible for both proactive and reactive
aspects of the process.
Aims to prevent recurrence of incidents that are caused by errors
in development and infrastructure by the identification and
eradication of Problems, for improving IT service quality and
customer experience, reducing incident volume that results in less
interruptions to business functions, and providing permanent
solutions that achieve prevention.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better,
every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to
think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep
learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all
able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities,
and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their
homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that
is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
Responsible for standardization in both practice and measure for
how Clorox approaches the Reactive Problem Management process and
completes a Root Cause Analysis; and for performing Proactive
Problem Management by identifying and isolating on prevention
opportunities through trend analysis.
- Responsible for identifying and achieving initial operational
targets, including, but not limited to:
- Top 10 incidents by volume
- Top 10 incidents by Cycle Time
- Top 5 IT Change Management Closure Code "Implemented with
- Top 5 Projects with more than (2) "Bug Fix Change
- Submit change requests to change management as required to
eliminate known problems.
- Record, manage and advance the problem by escalating to an
elevated level of expertise, if appropriate, by integrating with
change management, incident management and configuration
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of all data captured
during the execution of the Problem Management process.
- Responsible for managing the success of third-party partners in
the execution of the Problem Management process by tightly
monitoring all process related KPIs/CPIs/GPIs and taking
appropriate action when required.
Years and Type of Experience:
- Experience in IT industry or equivalent technical, design,
architecture and/or operational management experience (e.g.,
engineering) or technical competence gained in a highly complex and
varied technology environment.
- 2-4 years knowledge and firm understanding of ITIL Process
areas, with specific focus on Service Operations and Problem
- ITIL Foundations certification required, additional
certification a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with using an enterprise class service
management system, such as ServiceNow or Remedy, to execute the
Problem Management process.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very strong at effectively prioritizing and executing tasks,
even while under pressure
- Excellent self-motivation and self-direction.
- Responds effectively to rapid change, delivering appropriate
solutions to time critical milestones
- Must be able to work with incomplete requirement
specifications, resolving ambiguities via discussions with the
- Ability to represent highly complex technical issues to a
non-technical, senior audience.
- 2+ years utilizing ServiceNow as a service management
- Maintain high level of domain expertise, keeping abreast of the
developments within the applications / technology landscape, to
ensure continued delivery to time, cost and quality in the face of
both internal and external change.
- BA or BS Degree
More about Information Technology (IT)
We are critical players in putting the consumer experience at the
center of everything we do at Clorox. Whether it's driving Clorox's
digital leadership, building platforms and capabilities, or using
data and analytics to uncover consumer insights, you'll be working
with a talented and diverse team and have opportunities to build
your technology and leadership skills.
More about Clorox
At Clorox (NYSE: CLX), we build brands that make everyday life
better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each
other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and
keep learning. We work hard, have busy personal lives and are all
able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities and
in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes
and workplaces. Make your mark and help us drive growth that is
profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational
manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products
with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1
billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products,
we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer and
professional brands, including:
- Brita-- water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees-- natural personal care products
- Fresh Step-- cat litter
- Glad-- bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley-- dressings and sauces
- Kingsford-- charcoal
- Liquid Plumr-- clog removers
- Pine-Sol-- cleaners
- RenewLife-- digestive health products
- Rainbow Light--, Natural Vitality--, Neocell-- and Stop Aging
Now-- dietary supplements
- Clorox Healthcare-- and CloroxPro--- Commercial Solutions--
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the
No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a
community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been
broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts and
included on CR Magazine's2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list,
Barron's 2019 100 Most Sustainable Companies list, the Human Rights
Campaign's 2018 Corporate Equality Index and the 2019 Bloomberg
Gender Equality Index, among others.
We also support our communities, contributing about$20 millionin
combined cash grants, productdonationsand cause marketing infiscal
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Clorox Company, Durham , Problem Management - System Engineer IV, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!