Senior Software Development Technical Project Manager V
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Job Title: Senior Software Development Technical Project Manager Introduction: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Software Development Technical Project Manager to join an established international team developing software solutions for the Retail Marketplace. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of programmers, testers, software architects and other supporting roles throughout all phases of the software development life cycle from concept, to product release, to life cycle management. The Project Manager will use Agile and Project Management development processes and best practices to ensure efficient execution and quality, on-time, on-budget deliverables. The Project Manager will represent the Software Development organization at the larger cross-functional team trusted with defining, developing, releasing and maintaining products and solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Development Project Manager to apply his/her knowledge to deliver innovative products to the retail marketplace. You'll be able to work with an outstanding team of professionals and experience the fruits of your labor at major retailers, locally and worldwide! Responsibilities of the Service Technician:
- Successfully lead complex projects by guiding an international development team to define, plan, deliver and support high-quality software products and solutions.
- Act as the single point of contact for all development activities.
- Manage product feature-function content, facilitating sizing activities with the technical team.
- Understand and communicate resource requirements.
- Develop product release schedules, committing those schedules to the business and ensuring efficient and timely execution.
- Present project status and recommendations to management and executives teams.
- Complete all work items including legal clearances, regulatory requirements and ensure that products meet industry standards.
- Interact with customers as appropriate to discuss product functionality, performance, plans and field support escalations.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability. Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science field or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management skills with a minimum of 6 years of software development Project Management experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with team members dispersed across multiple countries and time zones.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Possess a level of comfort to work"in the weeds" with development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with management and high-level executives
- Excellent risk and change management skills.
- Extensive experience with the Agile/Scrum process applied to software development.
- Strong leadership.
- Exceptional communication.
- Expectation is 10% or less travel. Preferred Skills:
- PMP, Agile or equivalent certifications.
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Rational Team Concert for team collaboration, Jira or VersionOne. Domain knowledge in the area of Retail. About the Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader. The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy. EEO: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Durham , Senior Software Development Technical Project Manager V, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!