Director, Behavioral Health , RN
Company: LP Maria Parham Health MSA BH
Posted on: November 15, 2023
At Lifepoint Behavioral Health, we specialize in compassionate
behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for
acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is
built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core
principles of resilience, recovery and restoration. Our teams are
committed to providing superior patient care that exceeds industry
standards as well as patient expectations.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed
teams of talented people who understand and embrace an
organization's goals and work together at the highest level to
achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses,
therapists and other experts today!
We are seeking a Director, Behavioral Health to join the team at
Maria Parham in Henderson, NC!
Responsibility for the strategic planning, managing, directing,
coordinating and controlling the overall operations of behavioral
health program and services. Provides leadership to ensure
attainment of strategic objectives and the delivery of quality,
economical health care services and other related lines of
business. Coordinates and enforces program-wide policies and
procedures that support the accomplishment of the behavioral health
services' aims, objectives, and programs. Directs the short-range
and long-range planning functions that develop goals, objectives,
and strategic plans to ensure quality services and a financially
sound program. Participates and manages the budget for the
programs, allocates funds within the budget as directed by the VP,
Finance Behavioral Health and ensures that the programs operate
within the budget. Provides supervision to the leaders and staff in
the designated programs.
- - - - - - - Maintains overall responsibility for all aspects of
- - - - - - - Responsible for hiring, training, supervision, and
evaluation of all nursing staff.
- - - - - - - Participates in providing care as needed and ensures
services are carried out and documented appropriately.
- - - - - - - Participate in on-call schedule accordingly.
- - - - - - - Assures that all policies established by the
Governing Body are implemented appropriately.
- - - - - - - Directs the strategic planning and marketing for
programs, with input from division leadership.
- - - - - - - Prepares and submits an annual budget for program as
directed by VP, Finance Behavioral Health, showing the expected
revenue and expenditures as required by the board.
- - - - - - - In coordination with the board, the medical staff,
and other finance personnel, responds to the community's needs for
quality health care services by monitoring the adequacy of the
hospital's medical activities.
- - - - - - - Oversees and provides direction to leadership
regarding behavioral health programs' mission and objectives,
expected productivity and efficiency, establishing policies and
procedure and compliance with federal, state and local laws,
regulations and ordinances.
- - - - - - - Consults with leaders on a regular basis; evaluates
leadership competence and makes changes as necessary; keeps lines
of communication open; works with hospital leadership to foster
high employee morale and a positive work environment for
- - - - - - - Ensures maintenance of physical properties in good
and safe state of repair and operation.
- - - - - - - Presents to the hospital board, and/or the
committees, periodic reports reflecting the services and financial
activities of the hospitals and such special reports as may be
required by the boards.
- - - - - - - Attends all meetings of the hospital board and
- - - - - - - Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies and
governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies
by continually monitoring behavioral program operations, programs
and physical properties, and ensuring changes where required.
- - - - - - - Ensures that programs maintain accreditation,
licensing and quality patient care through the establishment of
performance improvement monitoring programs and standards.
- - - - - - - Reviews plans for the achievement of programs'
specific objectives and established goals, and periodically
reviews, evaluates and updates such plans. Said plans shall at all
times reflect the hospital's mission statement.
- - - - - - - Ensures that the leadership team acts as effective
liaisons between the hospital and the medical staff; meets with and
communicates with program and hospital medical staff as needed;
represents the behavioral health programs and hospital at external
Nursing - minimum Bachelor's degree preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Licensure in State of Practice
---5 years of leadership experience.
---7 years of experience in the discipline.
Keywords: LP Maria Parham Health MSA BH, Durham , Director, Behavioral Health , RN, Executive , Henderson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!