Inpatient Services Manager
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Description Job ID R0080445 Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Ensure the provision of quality patient care to all hospitalized
patients in the most efficient manner in accordance with company
policy. Provides direct supervision and coordination of inpatient
staff. Responsible for low volume monthly treatments. Utilizes the
FMC mission, core values and customer service philosophy to ensure
quality service while maintaining a high level of efficiency
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term
objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct
responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
Monitor costs/spending in all areas including medical supply
inventory, personnel and accounts payable. Determine innovative
ways to reduce costs and maintain quality.
- Ensures proper staffing and operations at all contracted
facilities. Ensure efficient staff/ patient scheduling and
efficient staffing utilization following company policy while
maintaining a safe environment.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all
direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce;
partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or
resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and
counseling employees, including performance reviews, development,
disciplinary action and terminations.
- Technically proficient in the specific department and knowledge
of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of
diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires
evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of
current business trends. Reviews profit and loss statements for
greater understanding of specific department performance.
- Responsible for Acute Care Electronic System (ACES) include the
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
- Collaborate with contracted facility representatives to
maintain a state of survey readiness for internal and external
agency surveys. Work with contracted facility (ies) to resolve
specific department issues as suggested/directed as a result of a
- Maintains and prepares QAI data and presentations. Participates
and presents at meetings with internal and external
representatives, often leading a collaborative effort among members
of a project team. Assures provision of facility specific QAI
information as appropriate.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers;
particularly in problem resolution and acting as the industry
expert on behalf of the customer.
- Ensures compliance with hospital regulations and participates
in surveys conducted by TJC, CMS, OSHA and other agencies.
- Ensure a proper orientation and training program for all
clinical and technical staff. Ensure that continuing in-services
are provided to all clinical and technical staff. Maintain
documentation of all training.
- Conduct and document acute staff meetings on a regular
- Ensures provision of dialysis and related services such as
hemoperfusion, apheresis, continuous renal replacement therapies,
peritoneal dialysis, and UF complete if contracted to do so.
- Ensures that treatment information is documented appropriately
by staff performing treatments and oversees billing for services
performed is timely and accurate.
- If appropriately licensed, performs treatments as necessary to
assist in times of high census, staffing shortages, and/or to
assist with managing staffing costs as appropriate.
- Confer routinely with Technical Program Manager and Technical
Operations Manager to ensure preventative maintenance program for
routine machine maintenance, to ensure the timely repair of
disabled machines, to coordinate infection control measures,
routine culturing, water testing, logging of results,
transportation of equipment and supplies and communicate technical
information to the staff.
- Ensure all acute treatments are performed in contracted
hospitals according to the established policies and procedures and
in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure efficient utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Availability for night and weekend calls/troubleshooting may be
necessary to oversee issues as they arise with management of a
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and
various locations within the community. Travel to regional,
Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
Could possibly be exposed to infectious and contagious
* May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels
of inpatient staff as designated by region.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN); Advanced
- Current state licensure as applicable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Durham , Inpatient Services Manager, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...