Traveling Project Manager- Mission Critical
Company: Turner Construction Company
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Critical Facilities-Data Centers
Altoona, IA 50009 USA
Minimum Years Experience:
If you picture
yourself doing great things that make a difference in the lives of
Turner is the place to be. Turner Construction is an industry
leading commercial construction general contractor with a 120 year
spanning iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the
tallest buildings.Position Description: Leads, directs and
coordinates the day-to-day management of the project.*** This
position is for a fulltime traveling assignment. Locations area
across the United States supporting our Data Center projects and
will report to our Global Critical Facilities (TECH) vertical. ***
Reports to: Senior Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Lead in the development of high-performance teams through
supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular
feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of
employee performance appraisals.
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job
performance and career potential.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships
fostering a "trusted advisor" status.
- Understand and administer Turner's contract and subcontract
- Provide leadership to positively influence change.
- Promote Turner's involvement in the community to help build
strategic relationships and to embrace the community in which we
live and work.
- Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor and vendor
- Establish, update, and communicate the Master Project Schedule
and manage its implementation.
- May work with preconstruction team in development of
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze
reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations,
fee and pricing decisions.
- Understand, comply and advise others on Turner's business
ethics and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate high standard of persona; accountability and
integrity. Mentor staff to the same high standards.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor
relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project
- Work with Finance to initiate the Pay Application process and
follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely
- Keep management informed on progress for project and budget
through regularly scheduled Operations Review Meetings.
- Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives.
Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to
support Tuner sustainable competitive advantages.
- Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of ten years
related experience or an equivalent combination of education,
training, and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction
cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering
principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Proven
written and verbal communication abilities, proficiency with
computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite of
programs. Must have advanced presentation skills. Ability to read,
understand and interpret contract documents, drawings,
specifications, scopes of work, and project schedule. Demonstrated
leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the
required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent
and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel
hoists, ability to climb ladders, and negotiate work areas under
construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit,
talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction
worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts;
high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside
weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in
these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer -
minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
VEVRAA Federal Contractor Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: Turner Construction Company, Durham , Traveling Project Manager- Mission Critical, Executive , Boydton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!