Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Company: Parata Systems
Posted on: January 27, 2023
As the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager, you will
build and lead all policies and procedures required for an
effective EHS program for three (3) sites in North America (with
position located in Durham, NC). Have extensive knowledge in EHs
Programs, including but not limited to, Fall Protection, Powered
Industrial Vehicles, Risk Assessments and Emergency Response
Procedures/Programs for a large-scale Manufacturing Plant. You will
be the Subject Matter Authority on all issues involving
Environmental Compliance, Health and Safety regulation, and
Workplace Injuries. You will work on problems of diverse scope
where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
vital to select appropriate methods and techniques for acquiring
satisfactory solutions. Essential activities of this position
- Responsible for the overall management of all facility
environmental health and safety programs including ERT, Safety
Representatives, Hazard Communication, Occupational Safety,
Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene.
- Provide supervision, coaching and development for site
- Lead projects & evaluate processes in the anticipation,
recognition, evaluation and control of occupational health, safety
and environmental regulations.
- Develops and provides raining to all site and field
- Conduct jobsite assessments, focusing on unsafe conditions and
unsafe work behaviors; ensure appropriate action is taken to
- Participate in Occupational Safety and Health inspections and
in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigate, prepare, and forward, as the need arises, reports
on injuries and fatalities.
- Develop safety policies, goals, programs and training.
- Monitor and maintain records and permits of hazardous,
radioactive, and biohazardous materials and waste in compliance
with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Develop and communicate technical information in a manner that
champions understanding, decision-making, and positive interaction
with employees, functional managers, & facility management
- Run EH&S financial performance.
- Periodic review of policies, programs, and metrics to ensure
alignment of EH&S strategies with business needs.
- Stays ahead of the government regulations affecting own area of
supervision/management and complies with those regulations.
Initiates changes to practices and procedures to support compliance
- Onsite position with travel required to other locations outside
of NC (> 35 %).
- Other duties as needed to support business directives and
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- 8+ years of experience working in environmental health and
- Extensive knowledge EHS regulations, standard methodologies and
EHS management systems
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment strongly
- Experience crafting and implementing
strategies/programs/processes that supports a business
- Demonstrated understanding of federal and state safety and
environmental laws and the ability to identify and evaluate
- Proven ability to use influence skills to optimally develop and
implement effective safety programs which engage all
- Effective communication and presentation skills, to include the
ability to exercise judgment and appropriately communicate and lead
- Effective skills in the areas of
counseling/coaching/influencing, conflict management and
- Workers Compensation claims managementWork environment and
physical demands of this position The characteristics described
below are representative of those encountered while performing the
essential functions of this position. When accurately requested and
when feasible (without undue hardship to the company), reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform crucial job functions.
- This position will be subject to mostly controlled but
potential varying internal environmental conditions, including
changes in temperature and noise that are within acceptable safety
levels common to a warehouse environment.
- Work may involve long-term standing, sitting and frequent
walking throughout areas such as warehouse, assembly or machine
shop as well as navigating common hazards related to these
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 30 pounds
frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb,
balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit,
stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime work may be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.Parata
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment without regard for race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, national origin or citizenship status, age,
disability, genetic information, or veteran's status.
Keywords: Parata Systems, Durham , Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!