Schewels Home - Manager Trainee
Company: SCHEWEL FURNITURE
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Manager Trainee Job Description
Reports to Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: South Boston, Virginia (with expectation of some
The Management Trainee position is an integral part of the
operation of Schewels Home. With over 122 years in business,
Schewels Home is poised to move into the next 122 years with
motivated, competent leaders in our over 50 locations across North
Carolina, Virginian, and West Virginia. The Management Trainee will
gain valuable hands-on experience in all areas of operations as
they advance along an exciting career path. Schewels Home is
committed to supporting personal and professional growth for its
employees, as we re-commit ourselves to the following values:
integrity, customer focus, family, teamwork, community, and
commitment to employees.
Starting pay: 40K with $5000 potential bonus within 90 days
As a Manager Trainee at Schewels Home you will have:
- A base salary with opportunities to increase your income
depending on your success
- Access to a range of great benefits including health, dental,
and vision insurance, paid time off, 401(K) retirement, Short-Term
and Long-Term Disability insurance, merchandise discounts and
- Opportunity to increase your sales and leadership
- Growth and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with an established company with over 122
years of success
The Management Trainee Program is an intensive six to twelve-month
program, that once completed, will fully prepare the candidate to
effectively run one of Schewels Home's 50 store locations, and
perform all aspects of store operations and management. The
Management Trainee will assist the store manager in the
responsibility for making all sales goals in a manner which
maximizes the profitability of the store. Additionally, this
position assists Store Manager in hiring and/or approving each
member of the staff; seeing that they are fully trained and
competent to perform the job to which they are assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives training and performs duties in several departments
such as management, credit, office, inventory, and warehouse
- Placement and presentation of merchandise on the selling floor
in compliance with company floor display and appearance
- Oversees all aspects of the physical movement of merchandise to
ensure proper procedures are followed in handling and the security
of all products of the location.
- Primary contact person for customer complaint and service
matters with consultation and approval from the Store Manager
and/or division Operations Supervisor.
- Assists the Store Manager in other duties as assigned.
- Operational leadership of the store in the absence of the Store
- Maintain proper floor display in all areas of the store with
assistance from store staff as needed
- Maintain proper price tagging of all merchandise
- Monitor the Business Builder program
- Assist in making sales whenever possible
- Maintain good communications with customers
- Work with Store Manager to resolve complaints in a timely
- Place orders for all repaid/replacement parts from vendors, as
needed. Communicate same to Inventory Control
- Demonstrate good people handling skills by fostering
cooperation, teamwork, setting and meeting goals
- Supervisory responsibility of store departments and staff as
agreed upon by Store Manager and division Operations Supervisor
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Store Manager in any other relevant areas such as
the office, warehouse or sales floor on an as needed basis or
requested by the Store Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Management Trainee must be a leader who can also take direction
and guidance. The Management Trainee must demonstrate
self-motivation, have the ability to make appropriate decisions,
and have a strong commitment to ensuring that the procedures and
policies of Schewels Home are strictly followed. The Management
Trainee will maintain a professional appearance and attitude must
be and take their position seriously and with great pride. It must
be understood that personal appearance and attitude are a
reflection of not only the position, but more importantly, the
public's image of Schewels Home.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The Management Trainee
is regularly required to use hand to fingers, handle or feel
objects, reach with hands and arms. The Management Trainee is
occasionally required to move or lift up to 100 pounds. The
Management Trainee must have basic computer skills and be able to
visually inspect merchandise and delivery documents.
The Management Trainee must be willing to relocate when necessary.
The Management Trainee will agree to submit to pre-employment
screening and verification as a condition of employment
Manager retains the discretion to add or change the duties to the
position at any time.
Please apply at Schewels.com
EEO/Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: SCHEWEL FURNITURE, Durham , Schewels Home - Manager Trainee, Executive , Halifax, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!