Assistant Store Manager - Full Time - Durham Technical Community College Bookstore
Company: NXTThing RPO, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Follett has been a trusted partner to Pre-K and K-12 schools,
districts, and college campuses for more than 140 years, taking
care of the critical details that make it easier for schools to
run, teachers to teach and students to learn.
Every day, we serve over half of the students in the United States,
and work with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education
technology, services and print and digital content. We're higher
education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and
community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over
1,600 virtual stores across the continent.
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in
supervising and managing Store operations (college bookstore or
convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules ensuring
coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond to
inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on Store,
company and/or school operations. Receive and unload merchandise
verify orders, and displays merchandise in accordance with company
standards. Routinely audits accounting and cash functions to ensure
policies and procedures are being followed in the store. Partners
with various support partners to include Store Operations, AP, HR
and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity,
Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and
Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and
- Schedules team members work hours
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired
for peak seasons
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies,
procedures and standards
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion
standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers and answer phones and provide information,
direct callers and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and
maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on
solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments,
place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures
including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping,
mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation
or peak seasonal periods, including register operations,
shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout
- Key holder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe,
works with accounts receivable (CARRR) and works on collecting bad
checks.Balances cash, credit cards and checks to register tapes.
Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against
charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month
reporting. Researches accounts receivable problems and handle the
bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash
drawers not balancing.Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report,
month end reports, and payroll reports.
- Applies shrink prevention practices and activities, such as
visible customer service, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years years of experience
- 1 -- 3 years retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior
supervisory experience preferred. Computer literacy required.
Ability to organize and prioritize workload. Effective verbal and
- General Computer Skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: NXTThing RPO, LLC, Durham , Assistant Store Manager - Full Time - Durham Technical Community College Bookstore, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!