Front of House Manager
Company: Damn Good Food
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $48k-$62kPosition Title: Front of House
Manager (Estimated 55-60 hours/wk, salaried)Reports to: General
ManagerLocation: Acme Food & Beverage Co (Carrboro, NC)Position
summary: This role is at the heart of both the Acme customer and
staff experience. The Front of House Manager plays an essential
role in the daily operations of the restaurant, maintaining valued
relationships with community members and guests, and continually
pursuing excellent guest experiences. Acts as mentor and leader to
staff through training of technique, positive attitude,
hospitality, financial and professional responsibility, and
organizational skills.The ideal candidate is irrefutably
trustworthy and dependable, has excellent communication and
networking skills and understanding of customer service and
hospitality, is technologically savvy, has strong background in
sales, catering and event management, and leading a team to exceed
financial goals, has an earned ability to lead, is meticulous,
organized, curious, consistent, loves the challenge of
problem-solving, and holds impeccable personal standards for
professionalism. Moreover, the ideal candidate enjoys the challenge
of stepping up whenever and however possible to ensure the long
term success of the business.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Manage five dinner service shifts per week (approximately
1pm-11pm) actively working to grow the team so we can open for 6
dinner shifts + 2 brunch shifts.
- Representative of restaurant in all relationships with guests,
vendors, and farmers, etc.
- Continually monitor vendor costs. Research alternative sources
for negotiation purposes with current vendors or informing
decisions on vendor changes
- Careful management of product inventory with an eye for minimal
- Initiate regular meeting/update with General Manager to discuss
the state of the business, new goals, adherence to policies, budget
adherence, financial analysis, and to communicate around any
financial goals of owner to management, etc.
- Translate goals and budgets into actionable plans for internal
- Create weekly FOH staff schedules and regularly audit hours and
timesheets to ensure accuracy with careful eye for avoiding
- Audit timesheets before final approval for / submission to
- Actively and continually screen for the most promising and
experienced candidates, execute onboarding in an organized way,
ensuring all federal and state requirements are accomplished within
- Train new staff. Hold regular formal and informal performance
evaluations for all front of house staff. Train employees to
anticipate and meet the standards of the business and of you as a
- Actively observe and coach staff to deliver the highest level
of product to our guests. When workers fail to meet the company's
performance requirements, provide the evaluation that can help
employees improve their work or initiate their termination.
- Work closely with other managers to provide a firm sense of
adherence to rules and goals of the business.
- Maintain a curious mind about the flow, efficiency, and
financial stability of the business working to expand and improve
on existing systems
- Perform regular inventory checks for front of house
- Build training guides and tools for managers and staff to
succeed at all times.
- Oversee regular orders needed for day-today operations, submit
large purchase proposals to ownership for approval
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by
establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and
procedures; complying with health and legal regulations
- Teach and oversee proper cash handling for cash drawers, small
bills change bag, and petty cash. Handle bank runs when needed
- Ensure proper opening and closing of the restaurant including
but not limited to securing cash, completing / filing paperwork,
and ensuring building is empty and locked
- Initiate meetings with GM to ensure a smooth transition for all
staff regarding menu changes, edits, etc.REQUIREMENTS
- Strong experience in restaurants and at least 3 years managing
- Ability to inspire a team and, no matter what is going on
personally, maintain a positive and enthusiastic work
- Catering or events operations and sales experience
- Strong knowledge of beer, cocktails/liquor, and wine
- Strong knowledge of southern foodways.
- Unrelenting eagerness to improve and learn.
- Extensive labor, product management, and overall financial
- Experience in effective hiring and firing of direct
- Willingness to continually search for the best ways to manage
staff and raise standards of the staff and the restaurant.
- Great recommendations from former employers.
- Technical aptitude and eagerness to pursue and utilize new
technologies that help the business thrive.
- Courage to take risks and exceed your own expectations. Also,
the courage to be honest with yourself about your own performance
and the performance of your team.BENEFITSWe are pleased to offer
you the following benefits:
- Discounts on medical care for employees and their families
- Prescription discounts for employees and their families
- Daily family meal
- Restaurant meal discounts
- Paid local volunteer work
- $30 safe work shoes contributionAcme values diversity and
inclusion as an extension of our firm belief in the power of
hospitality to change the world. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. Acme encourages applications from all qualified candidates
regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, religion, or disability. Acme works to ensure fair
treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces
policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Keywords: Damn Good Food, Durham , Front of House Manager, Executive , Carrboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!