Full-Time Chief Nursing Officer
Company: North Carolina Specialty Hospital
Posted on: August 5, 2022
North Carolina Specialty Hospital is currently hiring for a full
time Chief Nursing Officer (CNO).Primary Function:The Chief Nursing
Officer (CNO) is responsible for the leadership, management and
execution of the daily operation of clinical, as well as other
services of the hospital as assigned. Under the direction of the
Chief Executive Officer, the CNO shall construct and implement all
policies and procedures and operational issues pertaining to
clinical departments including all nursing services, educational
services, as well as various contracted services. The CNO holds
administrative responsibilities for recruitment and retention,
management, cost effective operations, staffing and scheduling of
nursing services, development of organization wide patient care,
nursing care policies, procedures and standards while directing and
monitoring the provision of quality nursing services. The CNO
serves as an ex-officio member of appropriate Medical Staff
Committees, Administrative Committees, and is an integral member of
the executive leadership of the facility.Job Qualifications:
- Education - Graduate of approved Master's of Science in Nursing
- Experience - Minimum of three years of nursing / management
- License / Certification - Current and valid licensure with
State Board of Nursing required; BLS certification required
- Knowledge of federal, state, and accrediting body regulations
and standards related to healthcare.
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational
activities for professional advancement and the advancement of
- Highly organized with ability to concentrate on many detailed
requests despite numerous interruptions
- Ability to work independently, meet established deadlines, and
make sound reasonable decisions
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful
situations with tact
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, and
receptiveness to change
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management,
physicians, patients, and family
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in
EnglishCommunication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with staff,
management, physicians, patients, and family.
- Is receptive and approachable. Formulates and maintains
effective working relationships with peers, physicians and other
members of the healthcare team
- Avoids repeating rumors or soliciting unfounded statements;
keeps personal biases to oneself, maintains positive image.
- Receives constructive feedback in a positive,
- Functions as an effective team leader and member.
- Applies effective interviewing skills with staff, physician,
patient and/or significant other(s) to elicit and give information
necessary to plan, implement and evaluate appropriate delivery of
- Committed to customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for
solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are
- Handles customer questions, complaints and service problems
politely and efficiently.
- Maintains a pleasant and professional attitude.Job Duties and
- Facilitates the development of appropriate working
relationships with the Governing Board, Medical Staff, Medical
Executive Committee, Departmental leaders, corporate and hospital
staff, patients and family members
- Responsibilities include internal and external physicians
marketing, cost awareness, staffing, scheduling, and the overall
function of Clinical Services.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs nursing care and all related
activities of the Nursing Service Department in compliance with
local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and standards
established by facility and/or accrediting body
- Responsible to administrate over Risk Management, Infection
Control, Employee Health, Performance Improvement,
- Clinical Recruitment/Retention, and Case Management.
- In conjunction with the CEO, the CNO develops, implements,
monitors and evaluates the implementation of policies and
procedures, which assures that cost effective, safe and high
quality care is implemented
- Markets clinical services in a manner which is accurate and
reflects the facilities ability to provide any and all marketed
- Assists in the development and implementation of short and
long-range operational and capital budgets related to clinical
services to ensure resources to adequately maintain clinical
operations within the facility.
- Demonstrates skills as a team player. As a leader, shows
appropriate delegation, while directing and supervising nursing and
ancillary personnel in planning, implementing, monitoring, and
evaluating patient care according to accepted standards.
- Works closely with the Clinical Leadership team to achieve a
smooth flow of the daily clinical operations.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems timely and
constructively; maintains focus on improving the situations.
- Maintains sufficient and qualified staff to meet the needs of
the Hospital. Interviews, hires, counsels, and evaluates management
staff in an effective and timely manner.
- Participates in department and facility staff meetings at
regular intervals for informative and educational purposes to build
appropriate communication and effective team environment.
- Facilitates and coordinates the orientation process and
in-services as needed for employees.
- Coordinates the clinical leadership meetings on a regular
- Delegates coordination of department needs when out of the
- Maintains current certifications and licenses as required and
works with managers to ensure all employees are current.
- Maintains professional business attire and exhibits leadership
skills that will assist the team in developing and maturing.
- Executes day-to-day executive management and leadership
responsibilities assuring safe and effective clinical
- Assures that systems are in place to comply with state,
federal, an accrediting body requirements.
- Assures hospital clinical policies and procedures are
appropriate and meet standards.
- Assures patient safety through qualified staff, continuing
education of personnel, equipment, and overall physical plant
- Reviews and approves performance improvement activities and
- Assures that contracted clinical services are in compliance
with governmental and regulatory bodies.
- Assures that all aspects of facility clinical operations are in
- Assures that all required data is entered accurately and timely
for all regulatory agencies.
- Participates in development of clinical operating budget,
capital budget, staffing, and volume projections.
- Assists in the development of plans for cost containment in all
clinical areas and implements and oversees the same to ensure
successful completion of goals.
- Develops and implements action plans for all clinical areas to
ensure course correction as requested by CEO.
- Reviews productivity of all clinical departments to ensure
appropriate staffing as well as fiscal responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains communication with physicians and
clinical leaders in the community to ensure effective strategic and
tactical approaches in the market
- Participates in regular and effective planning meetings with
the Board, Medical Staff, Community Clinical Committees, Staff, and
- Sets annual goals for clinical departments and self, creates
strategies, and establishes time frame to accomplish goals.
- Organizes a clinical internal marketing initiative to ensure
excellence in service and growth of market share.COVID-19 protocol:
Mandatory staff vaccinations, face masks, social distancing,
terminal cleaning, patient testing, and visitor restrictions.
Keywords: North Carolina Specialty Hospital, Durham , Full-Time Chief Nursing Officer, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!