Business Process Manager
Company: ABB Group
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Business Process ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a
global team that is energizing the transformation of society and
industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB,
we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across
all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and
generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and
every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and
celebrates individual differences.As a Business Process Manager,
you will lead the continuous improvement process within the Advance
Manufacturing domain of the Electrification Distribution Solutions
(ELDS) NAM organization with respect to connectivity, cost,
quality, and productivity throughout the entire value chain to
increase customer satisfaction and reduce operating cost. This
position is also accountable to raise the level of automation
through the use of technology and processes that combine all
functions within the organization, to define and enforce consistent
processes within the operational organization. This role
continuously explores opportunities to improve processes and
increase value add to the business; develop risk
knowledge/expertise as necessary to engage/advise in project and
business decisions.This position reports toQuality ManagerYour
- Manage the portfolio of business improvement projects (Advanced
Manufacturing Site system tools heatmap) and ensure benefits
delivery and execution of these projects with desired quality, on
time, and within budget
- Drives best practice sharing, cross Product Group Unit (PGU)
collaboration, and reuse of processes, tools, and expert knowledge
throughout the business, specifically in the arena of advanced
- Continuously assess and understand the operational and
commercial requirements of the operational organization to improve
operational performance and business processes and provide guidance
and direction within groups
- Supervises risk management strategies for the local unit and
ensure actions taken to mitigate and control risks
- Perform subject matter expert role across the HUB in the arena
of manufacturing execution and logistics
- Innovative change agent driving change including people,
process, and technology
- Develop and present systems strategies, technical roadmaps,
risks, and recommendations to senior leaders across ABB
- Ensure efficient integration of processes and technologies from
both a global and local operational unit perspective
- Engage in all project phases to ensure effective handoffs and
cross-team knowledge transfer
- Develop and execute a Business Analysis strategy in line with
business strategic objectives
- Create and maintain detailed Business Analysis procedures and
processes; ensure procedures are executed and auditable
- Manage workflow to ensure appropriate project coverage and
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Project Management
Office (PMO) peers, risk managers and key business and IT
stakeholders to ensure quality project executionYour background
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or 4 years accredited
degree and 6 years of experience within Computer Science related
role. Else 8 years of same experience without degree.
- Proven track record of performing project lead and/or change
management role for mid to large size projects.
- Experience with NEMA low and medium switchgear and motor
control centers is preferred.
- Capability to analyze and synthesize information obtained from
various groups of stakeholders.
- Strong skill set to elicit the actual needs of stakeholders and
facilitate communication between organizational units.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting applications within
the ERP and system landscape environment is plus.
- Broad and deep knowledge of theories, tools and practices in
business improvement projects and change management
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Understanding of operational and financial metrics.
- Proven ability to communicate directly with internal customers
and other functions.
- Experience with materials management and production control,
specifically Manufacturing Execution System (MES)/(ECS) Enterprise
Connectivity Solution systems is plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Availability to travel up to 50%, some international travel
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.Benefits
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing programMore about usABB's Distribution Solutions
Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with
safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of
electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its
core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation
products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices,
switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We
look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover
more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,
citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or
protected veterans status. For more information regarding your
(EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Durham , Business Process Manager, Executive , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!