Senior Project Manager
Company: Baebies Inc.
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Baebies is a medical device company that develops and
commercializes newborn screening and near-patient testing products
for children and adults to enable early disease detection and
comprehensive diagnosis. Guided by the vision that everyone
deserves a healthy start," their mission is to save lives and make
lives better for all by bringing new technologies, new tests, and
new hope to children, parents, adult patients, and healthcare
professionals worldwide. Senior Project Manager Job Purpose:The
Senior Project Manager will work collaboratively with project Core
Team members from various functions to coordinate and manage all
aspects of product development programs, and ensure timely
completion and adherence to standards. Senior Project Manager must
be able to work independently, lead a complex product development
effort, and communicate effectively with all levels of the
organization. Duties and responsibilities
- Drive management of Platform, Assay and Consumables portfolio
and underlining programs and projects from concept phase exit
through Commercialization and Launch.
- Organize product development activities at the team level and
through a phase-gate lifecycle approach.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create and execute project
plans (scope, schedule, staffing plans, quality, risk management,
budget, and procurement) and revise them appropriately to meet
changing needs and requirements.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to ensure alignment with
business objectives, correct prioritization, and successful project
- Track project progress and budget to plan and make corrections
and/or reset expectations as needed.
- Identify, resolve and/or escalate issues as appropriate.
- Facilitate tradeoff decisions and work to remove
- Continuously analyze and manage program risks to enable
successful project completion.
- Interface with Engineering, R&D, Quality & Regulatory, and
Operations to ensure project activities are completed on time, on
budget, and meet performance goals.
- Define and optimize project management and overall products
development processes, methodologies, and tools to improve
organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Report to Senior Management regularly on project and portfolio
- Work in a way that connects to the Baebies core values:
mission-focused, customer-centric, high velocity, innovative.
Skills/Experience & Requirements:
- BS in life sciences, engineering, or related field required;
advanced degree preferred
- 2-4 years previous experience in product development project
management, in a highly-regulated field (IVD, medical devices,
- Preferred Qualification: PMP Certification - or willingness to
obtain a PMP
- Successful track record of bringing new technology/products to
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, and
ability to influence at all levels.
- Experience integrating deliverables spanning software, platform
and hardware, and assay product deliveries
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills- proven ability to
effectively build relationships and achieve consensus across a wide
range of functions and constituents
- Flexibility - Ability to respond quickly to changing market and
business requirements and priorities, and experience in use of
project management tools for both Agile and traditional waterfall
- Communication- Must be able to effectively communicate at all
levels of the organization
- Business Knowledge - Sound grasp of the key considerations in
the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and /or life science
- Leadership - ability to identify key issues, motivate and
empower others to address them in a way which builds morale,
generates ownership and commitment
- High level of expertise in MS Project, Excel, and Powerpoint
for reporting progress to plan
- Familiar with developing business cases, project plans, project
budgets, resource strategy, and risk strategy Compensation &
BenefitsBaebies offers a dynamic and welcoming work environment
surrounded by intelligent, driven, and creative people. Guided by
the vision that everyone deserves a healthy start, our team is
devoted to our customers and to advancing technology in early
disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. At Baebies, we look
for people who are innovative, dedicated to our mission, and
constantly striving to improve the status quo. In addition to
competitive, market-driven compensation, Baebies provides a
comprehensive employee benefits package including: - 100% employee
premiums for Medical & Vision coverage - 100% employee and family
premiums for Dental coverage - 401K Matching - Stock Options - 4
Weeks PTO - 14 Paid Holidays per year - Paid Employee Life
Insurance - Onsite free gym membership & classes - . . . Much more!
Baebies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. NO RECRUITERS OR
Keywords: Baebies Inc., Durham , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!