Research Program Manager
Company: Semiconductor Research Corporation
Posted on: June 23, 2022
STRATEGIC VISIONARY & TECHNOLOGIST TO LEAD INNOVATIVE RESEARCH
Join us at the crossroads of research collaboration between
semiconductor industry, academia and government.
Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) is seeking a highly
skilled and motivated individual to help lead a $200M, 5-year
research partnership between industry, government, and academia.
The JUMP 2.0 initiative will drive the next generation of critical
technology breakthroughs via visionary, application-driven
long-term research in advanced computing that goes well beyond the
traditional scaling paradigm. The program will include 30 or more
U.S. universities and over 1100 leading scientists and
technologists from academia and industry, collaborating to describe
and solve the hardest future problems. The successful candidate
will stand up and manage the program to meet sponsors' ambitious
goals and capture the impact.
Broad responsibilities include: working directly with senior
program sponsors and technologists to secure support and define
technical goals; capturing and highlighting technical advances and
intellectual property; working with industrial liaisons and
academic performers to facilitate engagement; promoting student
hires; assessing and continuously improving member satisfaction;
and evangelizing the value and importance of the research
initiative to industrial, government, and academic
Key Qualifications1) Applied knowledge in the following domains
with a deep expertise in one or more:
- Systems, software, and algorithms for advanced information and
- Nanomanufacturing, Patterning, Front-End or Back-End
Processing, Advanced Packaging, Processing Equipment, CMOS
Technology, and/or Transistor Technologies
- Machine learning, graph computing, neuromorphic systems or
advanced memory and storage systems or modern hardware for
end-to-end communications, sensing, and actuation.
2) Hardware-driven architecture and design experience of innovative
technology products, translating from 'lab to fab' - i.e., from
early research to product R&D to manufacturing.
3) Strong analytical skills, rockstar collaboration, and excellent
oral and written executive-level communication skills.
4) Professionalism, good judgement, and integrity is a must.
5) Embraces and exemplifies a culture of integrity, agility,
critical thinking, and creative problem solving. Perseveres with
enthusiasm, commitment, and determination.
6) Minimum of an MS in CS, CE, ECE, or similar disciplines with 7+
years of experience.
Preferred Experience & Education
- Experience working with US Government agencies.
- Experience performing or directing innovative US academic
research, with clear evidence of technology transfer from academia
- Program/portfolio management and business development
- Community engagement on future technology needs. Effective
technical talks and peer reviewed research publications;
society/standards body membership; etc.
- PhD in CS, CE, ECE, or similar disciplines with 10+ years of
- Position is located in Durham, NC. Relocation is
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory at our organization
unless you are approved for a legal accommodation due to a
religious objection or ADA covered medical condition. The
organization will also review medical recommendations for a delay
in vaccination or for other contraindications to vaccination.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Semiconductor Research Corporation, Durham , Research Program Manager, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!