ASSOCIATE CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (ACNO) - Womens - DUHS
Company: Direct Jobs
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Duke University Health System Details Posted: 08-Jan-22
Categories: General Nursing Internal Number: 170905 Duke University
Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United
States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and
groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and
an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In
fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients
and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017. U.S News &
World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina
and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19. Duke University
Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult
specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology,
ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet-- -
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina--------s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! Associate Cheif Nursing Officer (ACNO)
Duke University Health System Womens - Clinical Service Unit
Provide oversight and direction in establishing and maintaining a
system for developing, reviewing, approving and disseminating
standards of clinical practice; quality, education, advanced
practice, clinical operation within Womens CSU making
recommendations on policy issues regarding clinical practice.
- The DUHS Womens CSU is comprised of Duke University Hospital,
Duke Regional Hospital and upcoming hospital locations.
- Direct management of approximately 10 FTE with responsiblity
for approximately 300 FTE. Work Performed
- Direct clinical and administrative operations oversee
development and perform other related duties incidental to the work
described herein organization -responsibility -implementation of
plans, operations, and programs within assigned or across Clinical
- Provide oversight and direction in establishing and maintaining
a system for developing, reviewing, approving, disseminating, and
assuring the quality of standards of clinical practice.
- Assist in reviewing and making recommendations on policy issues
regarding clinical practice with appropriate disciplines within the
Assure effective communication and coordination of initiatives
among various councils of the CSU, the nursing infrastructure and
other hospital medical staff committee councils, and work
- Provide oversight and direction to the clinical service units
in developing specialty practice councils within the
- Establish departmental direction consistent with hospital and
health system objectives.
- Develop formal business plans with outcome measures.
- Prepares annual report. Plan for and ensure competent care for
patient and families.
- Develop/monitor programs to facilitate meeting goals of
department, CSU, hospital, and health system.
- Provide administrative direction to management staff within
areas of responsibility including supporting plan development,
priority-setting, decision-making, and professional
- Coordinate the resource needs for areas of responsibility,
including reviewing and approving budgetary recommendations, and
preparing variance analyses of budgeted revenues and expenses for
areas of Lead change regarding quality of care and operational
enhancements including implementation and communication plans
- Direct with management staff needed resources and work required
to conform to hospital policies and procedures.
- Direct activities with managers and administrators in other
departments as needed to ensure high quality, efficient clinical
- Direct personnel functions related to areas of responsibility
including, but not limited to hiring and performance management
Serve as role model and resource for professional colleagues.
- Participates in leadership activities such as committees,
professional organizations, publishing, teaching, and
- Remain current with local trends and changes in nursing
professional/practice in health environment.
- Ensure that department/staff meet JCAHO, NC Board of Nursing,
and other regulatory/licensure requirements.
- Represent the Chief Nursing Officer regarding nursing service
- Provide assistance with other projects as delegated by the
Chief Nursing Officer and Associate Operating Officer. Education
- Master's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- Doctorate preferred. Experience
- Seven years of progressive nursing leadership experience is
required including at least 4 years of experience in a management
- Preferred experience at a Director or higher level with a
Womens hospital or CSU Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North
Carolina. Nurses hired into leadership positions must obtain a
nursing leadership certification within one year of hire. Duke is
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community
built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our
collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an
exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives,
backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange,
it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and
welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected,
and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a
responsibility to uphold these values. Essential Physical Job
Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University
Health System may include essentialjob functions that require
specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information
and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be
provided by each hiring department. As a world-class academic and
health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and
health locally and globally through innovative scientific research,
rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future
clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing
evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading
efforts to eliminate health inequalities.
Keywords: Direct Jobs, Durham , ASSOCIATE CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (ACNO) - Womens - DUHS, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!