Assistant Project Manager
Company: John Moriarty & Associates
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JMAV's projects are fast-paced and challenging and allow our
team members to grow into their roles to meet the varied
requirements of construction within close-knit project teams.--
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will assist the project team
using your skills in technology and critical thinking to advance
the project goals. You assist in planning, procurement and
execution of project scopes and see the project from
preconstruction through closeout in most cases. This involves
strong organizational and communication skills and a flexible and
adaptable attitude. Your work days will be interesting and exciting
on the jobsite and full of contemplation and collaboration in the
office. JMAV encourages initiative and critical thinking skills and
rewards high performers with opportunities for growth within the
company as well as personal growth.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Gathering and distributing information to subcontractors,
consultants, architects, and clients through
- Initiating, preparing, reviewing, and tracking RFI's.
- Receiving, reviewing, submitting and tracking status of
- Management of assigned trades to include quantity take off,
preparations of bid packages and procurement.
- Assist in management of project permit process.
- Maintain a list and track your assigned workflow
- Change management systems, including negotiating change orders
with subcontractors and communication of change orders to the
- Assist in tracking subcontractor deliverables and quality
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports,
- Attend and/or lead project meetings as assigned.
- Project coordination and document control.
- Assist in project close out.
- Assist in professional growth of junior team members.
- Participate in proliferation of JMAV Safety & Health Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture related
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline driven
- "Hands-on" team player.
- Genuine interest in construction industry.
John Moriarty of Virginia is a privately held general contractor
that specializes in large scale, urban, ground-up projects such as
mixed-use, multi-family, hotels, senior living, student housing and
bio-medical and is one of the faster growing contactors in the
metropolitan DC area.--Exceptional for the industry, 100% of our
projects are negotiated with over 85% being with repeat
clients.--------Our approach is characterized by transparency,
collaboration, attention to detail and hands-on leadership.--Our
projects are set up for success by our strong emphasis on
pre-construction services and planning, proper staffing and hiring
best-in-class subcontractors. Our growth has been a result of
outstanding execution in every phase of project delivery and an
unparalleled employee retention of the best people in the
Our parent company, John Moriarty & Associates (JMA), was founded
in 1985 in Winchester, MA and is one of the most respected general
contracting firms in the industry. Learn more about us
at--www.jma-va.com and www.jm-a.com.
John Moriarty & Associates of Virginia participates in E-Verify for
all hired employees. E-Verify--is a web-based system that allows
enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to
work in the United States by electronically matching information
provided by employees on the Form I-9 against records available to
the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland
Security. More information can be found at www.e-verify.gov.
Keywords: John Moriarty & Associates, Durham , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!