Posted on: January 16, 2022
Medicago: A history of innovation and perseverance
We started our journey with one objective: to help protect human
life and today, we are a global leader in developing and producing
plant-based vaccines and therapeutics.
Part of the Medicago Global Engineering Team and Reporting to the
VP of Global Engineering, you will collaborate closely with the
site leadership team in Durham to plan and deliver all capital
projects from inception through to turnover.
We have both typical biotech and nontraditional manufacturing so if
your engineering background is varied, we look forward to your
application and demonstrating to us why you belong at Medicago.
The ideal candidate will possess strong portfolio management,
stakeholder management and team leadership skills with a proven
track record working cross-functionally across a variety of
technical and operational areas. You will be highly organized and
capable of leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead and develop the site engineering team, recruiting talented
resources to deliver the capital program. Mentor less experienced
- Lead the establishment of a robust multiyear site capital plan,
annual operating budget, site masterplan and real estate needs. Use
insight and business acumen to plan and ensure requirements are
- Responsible for ensuring the conception, approval, leadership &
delivery of capital projects meets company policies and
expectations. Responsible for overall culture of safety, quality,
effective technical solutions, and compliance.
- Develop compelling business cases and solutions to complex,
fast-moving challenges. Translates site business needs, including
capacity plans, improvements, and growth into strong business cases
& financial justifications.
- Effectively communicates the ongoing status, performance and
key metrics for the capital program including monthly reporting and
- Be the primary steward of effective site capital use and real
estate portfolio. Partner with the site leadership team and ensure
that projects with the highest business value are executed.
- Be an active member of the Site and the Global Engineering
Leadership teams to drive forward the strategic planning and
ongoing execution of capital projects in line with business
- Ensures the proper accounting on all projects, including
financial treatment, cashflow tracking, legal agreements,
procurement, turnover, and fixed asset creation.
- Cultivates effective communication, cooperation and trust with
customers and senior management, working with them to
constructively and persuasively challenge requirements & identify
value engineering opportunities
- Operates with a global mindset, collaborating with other
site(s) as needed and developing the Engineering team and processes
to champion improvement, innovation, and new technologies.
- Builds effective relations with key resources including other
sites, purchasing, operations, finance, EHS, Quality and
- Develops, implements & upholds effective project & construction
management standards to facilitate safe & timely delivery of
projects. Develops thorough project execution plans, defining
scope, schedules, estimates, design deliverables, & procurement
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a relevant discipline
- 10+ years of experience of increasing responsibilities in
capital program management and execution, with experience of
financial budgets, program delivery, contracting and team
- 5+ years experience working in the Life Sciences industry or
similar regulated environment.
- Experience working with GMP, owned and leased facilities.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Ability to use Microsoft tools and project planning
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and
interpersonal skills Ability to synthesize data.
- Ability to work independently in fast moving situations, able
to exercise appropriate judgement.
- Creative & results focused with a proven track record of
implementing solutions for complex business challenges.
- Possesses strong understanding of technical principles.
Medicago is changing the game!
Our Vision: Medicago envisions a world that is prepared to face any
Our Mission: To create and deliver effective responses to new
global health challenges.
Our mission is driven by the values of innovation, integrity,
collaboration, adaptability, and ownership. These values reflect
the spirit and culture that inspire Medicagos people.
As a pioneer in transient expression and plant-based manufacturing,
Medicago has always sought a more effective way to improve human
health. With nearly 20 years of experience and wisdom behind us, we
are poised to revolutionize the traditional approach to vaccines
It is important that you are legally entitled to work in the US or
Canada at the time the job offer is made to you. You may be asked
to provide proof of eligibility.
Keywords: Medicago, Durham , Engineering Director, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!