Manager - Software Development
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Software Development Manager IIIntroduction:Toshiba
Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Development Manager
who will be responsible for leading a team of 10 to 20 direct
reports, including programmers, test engineers and product
architects, towards the development and support of Toshiba
strategic products for the worldwide retail market.Our organization
provides software solutions for some of the world's largest
retailers, partnering with brands like Walmart, Kroger, Lowes
Foods, and Costco to deliver innovative consumer experiences
leveraging a wide range of technologies.The candidate will be part
of a cross-functional team responsible for planning, developing,
and releasing the software solutions to the market. You'll develop
and nurture key relationships with product, program management,
business partners, services, finance, procurement, and other
supporting groups to ensure the timely release of solutions that
will fully satisfy demanding customer expectations.This position
requires extensive people management experience and proven
knowledge of software development processes to drive team
activities with the understanding of requirements and business
drivers for the new products and solutions. Responsibilities of the
Professional Services Development Manager:
- Managing all personnel aspects including: hiring, managing
individual performance, compensation, job assignments, dealing with
conflict, career building, coaching, etc
- Managing the delivery of a broad scope of quality software
releases ensuring product commitments are met with respect to
quality, budget, and schedule.
- Promoting continuous process improvement and best software
development practices across a global team that will enable the
development of innovative products.
- Ensuring Agile practices are applied and followed.
- Ensuring proper communication on deliverables as appropriate up
through management levels within the organization.
- Manage the support of the products and act as the single point
of contact for all support activities and escalations.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the
software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and
accountability for departmental and cross-functional teamsRequired
- 4+ years minimum people management experience
- 6+ years minimum leading software development teams and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good analytic and logical problem-solving skills.
- Proven hands on software development experience.
- Possess a level of comfort to work in the weeds with technical
software development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with
- Strong collaborative and team work oriented skills.
- 3 years minimum experience in Agile development.Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related software engineering / computer
- Domain knowledge in the area of RetailAbout the Company:Toshiba
Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global
company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store
solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry
and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes Foods, earned fuel
rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as
Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots,
Cencosud, BJs, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our
in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the
world's installed market share leader. The nature of retail is
changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of
a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, lets get
together to drive the new economy. Toshiba Global Commerce
Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits
package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
days EEO: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation
because of a disability for any part of the employment process
should email email@example.com to request an
accommodationDIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:We at Toshiba Global
Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral
part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, were committed
to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as
highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster
Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and
Culture of Transparency). Were passionate about our customers the
retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help
create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Durham , Manager - Software Development, Executive , Butner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!