Senior Program Director, Epidemiologist
Company: DLH Digital Marketing Agency
Posted on: November 23, 2021
- 3565 Piedmont Road, NE
Building 3, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30305
- 8757 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910 Social & Scientific Systems (SSS), a
division of DLH Corp works to improve public health worldwide by
providing technical, research, and program management services to
government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers
a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology
and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and
program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join our dedicated
staff in an environment that values diversity and supports health,
well-being, and professional growth. FUNCTION: Leads and directs
large, strategic epidemiological projects and contributes to
strategic business development activities.-- Responsibilities
- Provides leadership in epidemiological methods to guide study
design and implementation, quality assurance and quality control,
data collection, data analysis, data sharing, and dissemination of
study results. Ensures scientific integrity of studies.
- Develops contract work plan schedules, milestones, cost
estimates and budgets; identifies areas of risk and incorporates
risk mitigation plan; using a tracking system, develops timelines
and schedules of deliverables and manages resources to achieve
- Formulates and implements staffing plans; proposes additional
staff and training to meet project needs; coordinates with other
company operating units on cross-company staff assignments; works
closely with supervisors to conduct performance and salary reviews;
addresses performance problems and manages staff conflicts in
accordance with company policies.
- Serves as a primary point of contact and company representative
with the client; communicates and negotiates effectively with the
client on status/changes to ongoing scope of work, schedules and
budget; informs client of contract issues and problems timely and
proactively develops solutions.
- Uses company resources to manage costs within budget; manages
expense authorization process, develops and updates cost
projections; and provides cost and milestone reports to client.
Identifies new SSS business opportunities with existing clients;
communicates opportunities to management.
- Contributes to or leads discrete sections of key grant and/or
contract proposals. Actively participates in business development
and capture activities on an as-needed basis, in support of
strategic business opportunities.
- Comfortable presenting to both internal and external key
stakeholders, to include the DLH Executive Leadership team, Board
of Directors, clients, potential customers, and at scientific and
other professional organizations.
- Performs additional duties as required. Qualifications
- Doctorate in epidemiology or related field
- At least 5 years of experience managing projects or major
tasks, preferably leadership of multi-site, longitudinal, or
- Experience in cancer or molecular epidemiology, or "-omics"
- Experience in cervical, breast, ovarian, or viral-associated
cancers a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational and staff management
- Experience with project management tracking systems and budgets
preferred. DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law. Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: DLH Digital Marketing Agency, Durham , Senior Program Director, Epidemiologist, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!