Company: The Southeastern Council of Foundations
Posted on: November 19, 2021
for more information about the position and to apply. Essential
Responsibilities and Functions-- The Executive Director (ED) is
responsible to the Board of Directors for fulfilling Laughing Gull
Foundation's mission by providing leadership, direction, and
oversight to all areas of the organization. The ED leads the Board
and Staff in achieving the strategic goals of LGF as outlined in
the twenty-year plan. The ED represents LGF publicly and drives
LGF's external impact, while managing the Staff and supporting the
Board. Essential Qualifications The successful candidate will be an
energetic champion of LGF's vision and goals, and a high
functioning capable leader of Staff and Board. They will possess
the following essential qualifications: STRATEGIC EXPERIENCE AND
- Executive-level leadership experience within the nonprofit
sector, with a preference towards experience within
- Extensive knowledge of and/or direct experience granting money.
Acute analysis of the philanthropic sector, specifically in the
- Deep knowledge of racial equity and social justice principles
and practices, with experience in organizational implementation.
INTERNAL ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, and to
inspire and motivate Staff and Board members.
- Proven management, planning, administrative, and supervisory
skills, particularly with a small team of under 10 Staff
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, and an
understanding of the unique qualities of a family foundation.
- Experience developing and monitoring an annual budget of $5+M
in operations and grants.
- Experience overseeing the financial systems of a nonprofit
organization. PROGRAMMATIC LEADERSHIP
- Successful experience implementing and reviewing programmatic,
ideally grantmaking, strategies.
- High-level skills in, and enjoyment of, building working
relationships with a broad range of leaders and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build and engage in collaborative
partnerships. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Lived experience of the issues LGF addresses, and of the
- Ability to lead with empathy and compassion.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Patience and commitment to see work through that is long-term
- Relationship-focused with the courage to lead and push
boundaries on issues critical to LGF.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. An
- Highly motivated, organized, creative, self-directed, and
Keywords: The Southeastern Council of Foundations, Durham , Executive Director, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!