Business Development, Senior Director
Company: Brii Biosciences Limited
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Title: Business Development, Senior Director Department:
Business Development Reports to:SVP Business Development and
Portfolio Strategy Effective Date:2021-6-1 SUMMARY: Brii
Biosciences (US) is seeking an Senior Director - Business
Development to join our growing US based team. In this highly
visible role, you will work closely with the SVP, Business
Development as well as other members of the Brii team, including
R&D, Legal and Finance Team members to support the business
strategy objectives of a growing biotech company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the SVP of Business Development, identify,
evaluate and prioritize potential partners, partnerships and
alliances in support of Brii Bio's business development
- Cultivate prospective new partners and collaborators through
traditional networks as well as data search engines and information
- Maintain business development database of ongoing and new
- Analyze optimal deal structures based on comparable deals and
deal structures as well as the commercial potential of an
- Develop business cases and financial models for use in
- Draft and propose terms for new agreements
- Negotiate and execute collaboration agreements in collaboration
with legal counsel
- Ensure consistency among new agreements and obligations under
- Represent Brii Bio at industry conferences and meetings
- Identify key growth areas and evaluate potential licensing and
- Integrate activities of functional groups across multiple
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or higher degrees, MBA or Ph.D,
etc., with 5-10 years related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
able to manage multiple priorities and workflow.
- Evidence of ability to source deals and to evaluate
- Evidence of ability to develop deal structures and conduct and
conclude contract negotiations.
- Highly motivated, goal and detailed-oriented, diligent and
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Able to integrate scientific knowledge into a business
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at
all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing--priorities. Bonus if you have:
- Experience in a private start-up biotech company COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Reasons when dealing with emotional issues.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
- Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes
clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar;
Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Leadership--Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires
and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives
appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires
the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds
- Strategic Thinking--Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
- Judgment--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent
actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. The
above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Brii Biosciences Limited, Durham , Business Development, Senior Director, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!