Director Architecture, Resiliency
Company: Fidelity Investments Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
At Fidelity, we are committed to safeguarding the health and
well-being of our associates, clients, and candidates. We are
actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are
continuing to hire in order to serve our clients around the globe.
To ensure your safety as a job candidate, we will be relying on
virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our
recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need
throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your
understanding and flexibility during this time. x Provide a
strategic focus on resiliency best practices throughout our
technology ecosystem to further our dedication to highly reliable
service as we advance our digital future and transformation. The
Team Fidelity Workplace Investing (WI) provides benefits to
Fidelity customers, employers and their employees, in a growing set
of areas - Defined Contribution, Benefits Outsourcing & Payroll,
Investment Products & Consulting and Defined Benefits. As part of
the WI Technology Architecture team you will be key player in
helping move us forward into our digital future and digital
transformation of our business. As an Architect within Fidelity
Investments Workplace Investing (WI), you are responsible for
establishing the strategic direction, setting standards and
choosing technologies across WI. You will work closely with
business partners and technology teams to understand business
objectives and help define appropriate architecture direction for
them. By working closely with Solution Architects, you will assess
and ensure how proposed solutions to specific initiatives align
with broader WI goals and strategies. The Expertise You Have
- Education - BS or MS required.
- 10+ years of experience in architecting/designing large
distributed systems and applications.
- 3+ years of AWS and/or Azure experience a plus. AWS and/or
Azure certification also a plus The Skills You Bring
- Architecting for Resiliency pragmatically.
- Deep understanding of large scale digital eco-systems (data
architectures, distributed applications, event-based architectures,
APIs / service-oriented architectures, domain-driven architecture,
web/mobile experience technologies, messaging, and public cloud
- Expert in standard infrastructure topology resiliency patterns
- Experience in refactoring existing applications to add
observability and resiliency patterns including, but not limited to
circuit breakers, bulkheads and throttling.
- Critical problem solving and advanced troubleshooting to drive
resolution to technical issues.
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and
influencing skills for working with less-technical business
partners as well as technologists in IT leadership and
- Experience in networking across business units and outside the
companies to optimize new reusable processes, patterns and
practices with world class results.
- Passion for staying current on technology trends in order to
pivot direction and drive results.
- Financial industry experience preferred. The Value You Deliver
- Enabling digital transformation of WI business that is highly
- Communicating and collaborating with stake holders
- Making decisions over technical issues, standards, and
strategies related to resilient architecture
- Representing WI at the cross-BU Councils and forums
- Architecting/designing effective, efficient, and resilient
solutions for complex business problems.
- Presenting proposals to senior leadership to gain approval for
- Managing WI's public cloud environments by working closely with
different technology teams within WI. Certifications: Company
Overview At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial
expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live
the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a
high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment
that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our
associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace
where we respect and value our associates for their unique
perspectives and experiences. For information about working at
Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com. Fidelity Investments is an
equal opportunity employer. Fidelity encourages success based on
our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union
status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage,
genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military
service or veteran status.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments Inc., Durham , Director Architecture, Resiliency, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!