Executive Director II
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Executive Director II in Durham, North Carolina - Careers at
Brookdale Durham Brookdale Senior Living
- Working at Brookdale
- Contact Us Search Jobs If you are using a screen reader and
having difficulty, please call 855-350-3800 Keep in touch
Brookdale.com If you are using a screen reader and having
please call (855) 350-3800. -- 2019 Brookdale Senior Living
Solutions - All Rights Reserved Executive Director II in Durham,
North Carolina - Careers at Brookdale Durham Please Enable Cookies
to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! Executive Director II Job Locations US-NC-Durham Category
Community Operations ID 2021-90683 Location : Name Brookdale Durham
Location : Address 4434 Ben Franklin Blvd Location : Location
US-NC-Durham Overview Brookdale Durham is a GREAT place to further
- Brookdale Durham is located conveniently in a business park. It
was completely renovated recently and has beautiful interiors and
lovely grounds as well.
- We have a great reputation and are known as a community of
choice in the area.--
- Brookdale Durham offers assisted living and memory care so our
residents can age in place. Perks Available to Our Associates We
believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we
need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through
our benefits. Whether it's with a 401(k) or an insurance health
plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated, and that your work
is valued. Full-time and part-time associates enjoy:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution -
Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your
elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match
your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each
Plan Year quarter.
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - Be able to purchase Brookdale
stock at a discounted rate through payroll deduction.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit - Save pre-tax money to pay for
parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
- Associate Compassion Fund - Nonprofit fund for associates,
funded by associates.
- Associate Discounts - Including: Senior Living & Personalized
Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE,
Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon. Full
time associates also enjoy additional benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans --- Including medical, dental,
vision, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit - Get reimbursed for certain expenses related
to the adoption of a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Get reimbursed for eligible expenses
for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep
courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs. Make Lives Better
Including Your Own. The happiness of those we serve is dependent on
the happiness of our associates, so you'll receive competitive
compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed
to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet
rewarding. But you'll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy
opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs.
Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the
chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Veterans,
transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses
are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities Responsible for setting
objectives and delivering results that have direct impact on the
results within the area. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a
mid-size community. Oversees a revenue of up to $25 Million.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all
staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government
agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention
through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides
leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving
problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively
anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits.
Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property.
Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates associates in
accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions,
disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates
ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company
standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems
and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and
licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality
and best services to residents in the most economical manner
possible. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of
stability where the personal dignity of residents is supported.
Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes
active in social and civic affairs of the local community.
Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies,
professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate
- Utilizes sales and marketing activities and strategies to
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as
required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team
members and resident families.
- Oversees the resident admission process to assure required
documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in
accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the
adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication.
Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent
audits are performed on medication sheets. This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor. Qualifications
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Gerontology, Business or other
related field required. Minimum of three to five years related
experience required; or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required.
Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle
for business use. California communities require three years of
experience, completion of approved certification program, and
completion of 20 CEU hours per year related to aging and/or
administration. Properties in Indiana are licensed residential care
facilities. The directors need to be licensed by the state of
Indiana as a health facilities administrator. If
administrators/executive directors are licensed in another state,
application for provisional license must be submitted by Brookdale
Senior Living, Inc.Management/Decision Making
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the
organization and the business in order to handle arising problems
and issues. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination,
and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service,
housekeeping and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and
applicable laws.Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a
functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas
gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee
assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred.
Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is
essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate
individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests.
Demonstrates good judgment, strong problem solving and decision
making skills.Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Brookdale, Durham , Executive Director II, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!