Director, Data Solutions Architect
Company: Fidelity Investments Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
At Fidelity, we are committed to safeguarding the health and
well-being of our associates, clients, and candidates. We are
actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are
continuing to hire in order to serve our clients around the globe.
To ensure your safety as a job candidate, we will be relying on
virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our
recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need
throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your
understanding and flexibility during this time. x At Fidelity, we
love to use data and analytics to personalize incredible customer
experiences and develop solutions that help our customers live the
lives they want. As part of our digital transformation, we have
significant investments in innovative big data capabilities to
support our customer obsessed culture and growing data science
practice. We are looking for a hands-on data solutions architect
leader that can help us build our next generation, cloud enabled
data ecosystem. This position will be based in Durham, NC. The
Expertise we're looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technology related field
(e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated technology and personal leadership experience in
architecting, designing and building highly scalable Bigdata
- Enterprise scale expertise in data management best practices
such as data integration, data security, data warehousing, data
analytics, metadata management and data quality.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in architecting modern data
integration frameworks, highly scalable distributed systems using
open source and emerging data architecture designs/patterns.
- Experience building external cloud (e.g. AWS) data applications
and capabilities is highly desirable.
- Expert ability to evaluate, prototype and recommend open source
and vendor technologies and platforms.
- Proven experience in relational, NoSQL, Microservices, ELT
technologies and in-memory databases.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous
Delivery technologies is desirable.
- This role requires 10+ years of data solution architecture,
design and development delivery experience.
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM) The
Purpose of your role Director, Data Solutions Architect in PI
Customer Data Technologies will drive a holistic information
management strategy across OLAP and OLTP platforms, develop
reference architecture and roadmaps to build highly available,
scalable and distributed data platforms using open source
frameworks to process high volume, high velocity and wide variety
of structured and unstructured data. This role is also responsible
for driving innovation, prototyping and recommending solutions in
Big data and analytics space. Additionally, collaborate with key
partners in the adoption of emerging technologies. The Skills you
- Leadership skills to architect and design critical customer
facing data capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads,
data scientists, product owners, enterprise architects and other
functional leads to deliver world class data solutions.
- Expertise in open source streaming products, Microservices,
Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data
Management, Data Lake, Deep Analytic technologies, BI Reporting and
- Strong experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala,
Python) and Spark.
- Mastery of relational database, NoSQL, ETL/ELT and data
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and implementing Data
Warehouse using Snowflake.
- Experience building data applications and capabilities in
external cloud (e.g. AWS). Expert ability to evaluate, prototype
and recommend open source and vendor technologies
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive
presentations and guide strategic discussions with senior
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities
and technology advancements Certifications: Company Overview At
Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly
accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they
want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of
value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts
the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We
are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect
and value our associates for their unique perspectives and
experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit
FidelityCareers.com. Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity
employer. Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with
disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or
interview process. Please email us at email@example.com or
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an
accommodation. Other Locations: Boston, MA
Job Level: Director
Job ID: 2003510 Fidelity encourages success based on our individual
merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status,
national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic
information, age, legally recognized disability, military service
or veteran status.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments Inc., Durham , Director, Data Solutions Architect, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!