Senior Director / Director, Strategic Operations
Company: IQVIA Argentina
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Senior Director / Director, Strategic Operations Primary
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States Full time R1183942
Date Posted: 02/18/2021 Director, DSSR Strategic Alliances
Description PURPOSE Provide strategic leadership at customer
account level for functional partnerships or multi-functional
relationships within DSSR. Collaborate with global management teams
to develop and implement strategic initiatives, expand partnership,
strengthen overall relationship and ensure global consistency.
Responsible at pro gram level for compliance with agreed- upon
SLA's, KPI's, quality and value standards through continuous
oversight and global consistency . RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage strategic relationships and alliances with
assigned customer; build networks with necessary stakeholders
internally and externally.
- Provide senior representation in partnership visibility forums
(e.g., Joint Operations Teams, Executive Steering Committees) and
act as a link to broader IQVIA account management supporting other
functions outside DSSR.
- As it pertains to DSSR, collaborate in the definition of
customer-centric, account management strategies and provide
oversight of their implementation within assigned account(s) i.e.
solicitation of repeat business; identification of new business
opportunities developing to RFPs; assist in contribution of
customer centric, strategic focus to proposal development process;
assist in transforming customer relationships to partnership level;
establish mutually agreed working practices with customer for
standardization implementation across projects/programs; contribute
to strategic planning, assist in creative solutions and ongoing
process improvements to meet anticipated future customer needs;
provide customer feedback; status reports.
- Work with DSSR operational leaders and customer stakeholders to
develop, implement and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and
develop timelines and processes for tracking KPIs on an
- Provide oversight and/or act as an Account Owner for a customer
alliance, by partnering with other DSSR functional leads to develop
and implement process improvements, to ensure consistency, provide
oversight of portfolio level quality and financial metrics,
- Partner with Functional Leads to provide guidance relative to
operational account management with respect to operational delivery
management (e.g., scope of work, objectives, timelines, quality of
deliverables, and customer satisfaction) and operational business
management (e.g., P&L, forecasting, strategy, growth
- Act as the key relationship manager to assigned client contacts
to ensure appropriate communication channels are maintained as well
as recommend courses of action regarding client management
- Collaborate with other IQVIA alliance managers, BD personnel
and customer managers to present a uniform service focus to the
- Lead internal DSSR escalation meetings to ensure quick response
to any quality concerns or customer escalations, ensuring
appropriate representatives from stakeholders and operational
management are involved as appropriate.
- Accountable for leading the development of account specific
strategies that align operations, sales and corporate development
within DSSR with that of the customer.
- Leads global departmental initiatives for DSSR focused on
enhancing customer delivery, creating new offerings, developing new
systems or tools to enhance oversight, etc.
- Represent assigned client to internal stakeholders ; provide
consultation to clients on s trategy and operational delivery as
needed; serve as an internal consultant to other DSSR business
partners for integrated functional solutions
- Participate in RFP and budget development and sales/proposal
presentations, evaluate feasibility of potential solutions and
impact on company operations and goals; negotiate and make
decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer focus. Excellent customer management and
account service skills with the ability to quickly establish and
- Ability to achieve results through communication, facilitation,
negotiations in a matrix service delivery environment with shared
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable global, regional and local
regulatory requirements; i.e. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and
International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines, IQVIA
Standard Operating Procedures.
- Autonomous independent decision-making; problem solving and
judgment skills. Strong customer focus; account and alliance
management and experience in customer contracting models; business
acumen; financial management and budgeting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with appropriate
quality and timeline metrics.
- Strong prioritization, planning and organizational skills.
- Independently work on multiple projects and manage competing
- Proven ability to professionally network; present and lead at
- Effectively leading in a matrix environment.--
- Accountability, ownership and transparency.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills utilizing
solutions driven approach. Demonstrating an appropriate level of
- Strong financial analysis skills; preferably thorough
understanding of company margins, pricing strategies, contracting
models and profitability measures.
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with coworkers, managers and clients MINIMUM REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree or educational
equivalent in health science or other directly related field and 10
years clinical research experience in a Contract Research
Organization or Pharmaceutical company with at least 5 years of
relationship management experience. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication
requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent domestic and occasional international travel.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and
data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our
customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics,
technology solutions and contract research services we provide to
the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+
employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and
intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations
for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable
accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise
participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's
Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange
for such an accommodation.
Keywords: IQVIA Argentina, Durham , Senior Director / Director, Strategic Operations, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!