Manufacturing Maintenance Shift Manager
Company: Cree Inc
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Manufacturing Maintenance Shift Manager is responsible and
accountable for safe, productive execution of the maintenance daily
plan in the Global Epi Maintenance Team, aligning the technicians'
quarterly objectives to the plan. The shift manager must lead in a
way that demonstrates the importance of efficiency and first time
right as well as balancing priorities and team capabilities. They
must lead the team to drive success in a feedback-rich environment
which generates mutual respect and committed team members. Results
will be measured and must be achieved in a sustainable fashion.What
can Cree - Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to lead a small team of skilled equipment
technicians in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Excellent visibility and opportunities to improve systems and
procedures in the Global Epi Department.
- Ability to make an impact on the daily operations of Global
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing
semiconductor products company.
- Make a difference at a company committed to making the world a
better place with its products and to green business practicesWhat
can you do for Cree - Wolfspeed?
- Lead with an in-Fab first mentality (typically 70/30
Fab/office); weekend shift must be higher percentage Fab-based for
needed coverage and leadership.
- Hands-on work should be a considerable ratio daily (expected
50/50 during the week and increased on weekend shifts).
- Evaluate the production line and align with operational
supervision, engineering management and tool owners to set
priorities for the site maintenance teams' daily work, quality and
- Assists/drives committed scheduled PM dates and assigns PM
schedules with a proactive approach; provides detailed information
on why a PM needed to extend past the allowed due date.
- Ensures PM data is captured on findings/tool state and
recommends PM interval changes based on results
- Monitors the daily work quality and performance of each team
member and coaches on both positive and negative outcomes.
- Reinforces desired behaviors of the team and redirects
- Must lead the team to follow developed work
procedures/processes and systems to achieve results
- Must form partnerships with peer leaders of other departments
and functions to align on shared plans and schedules
- Makes decisions with a view towards what is best for the Fab
line, what is best for the tool, what is best for the
- Takes action to resolve gaps between uptime performances for
- Provides proposed quarterly objectives to the equipment manager
for each team member on their shift. Once approved, provide the
objectives to each individual on a timely basis, then review closed
items for validation and record completed dates.
- Holds the team accountable for delivering on their quarterly
objectives. Rewards and recognizes performance which generates
- Participates in training session planning/scheduling and
ensures proper opportunity is given to the designated staff.
- Ensures all parts used are signed out of inventory and properly
dispositioned prior to the end of shift.
- Recommends the ordering of maintenance supplies, increased
inventory order points, tools and fab equipment.
- Requires technicians to follow appropriate safety practices,
wear proper clean room attire and operate hand tools, fab tools and
chemicals in a safe manner.
- Ensures proper cleanroom protocol is followed by all.
- Provides daily updates to manager including proposed
priorities, status vs. plan, problems, and rework.
- Validates FSE work is satisfactory and complete.
- Ensures detailed documentation of work completed is in CMMS and
updated in a timely manner.
- Ensures Work Orders are generated for all maintenance
- Supports and drives inventory organization and Subfab
- Qualifies internal staff's technical training and skills.
- Writes direct reports' performance evaluations; provides input
on other technicians' evaluations.
- Stands in for Equipment Group Manager(s) when needed for
organizational meetings.What you need for success:
- Associate degree or Military Equivalent in a technical field or
at least 5 years of previous technician experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a high-performing
team through cooperative, team-based interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and lead under pressure
and changing priorities.
- Experience working with hazardous (toxic, corrosive, flammable)
- Proficiency in reading and accurately interpreting equipment
manuals, electrical, flow, piping and instrumentation diagrams,
engineering bills of materials (EBOMs), and interlock
- Able to prepare high quality written performance appraisals for
all staff managed.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to
- Good written and verbal communication.Highly preferred skills
- 4-year degree in a technical field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience performing
line-management of Equipment/Maintenance Technicians.
- Trained and experienced at performing root cause investigation
and failure analysis.We are an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Cree Inc, Durham , Manufacturing Maintenance Shift Manager, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!