RN - Unit Manager Erwin Rd
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Registered Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for delegating
responsibility and accountability for the provision of resident
care according to professional standards of nursing practice in
compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. This
position also implements nursing policies and procedures that
reflect center mission and philosophy. The RN Unit Manager conducts
education, infection control, quality assurance and admission
screening functions as assigned and utilizes resources in an
efficient and economic manner to ensure that each resident achieves
the highest practicable physical, mental and psycho social
- Develop and foster an environment that creates and enhances a
- Check twenty four hour physician orders to ensure all
documentation is complete and responsible parties have been
- Assure pain is assessed on all new admissions and at least
quarterly (schedule assessments with the ARD date).
- Assure "falls" assessments are completed on admissions and at
least quarterly (schedule assessments with ARD date).
- Assure restraint assessments and restraints reductions are
documented as needed for each resident. (schedule assessments with
- Assure water pitcher sanitation rotation is completed per
dietary department schedule. Train staff and monitor wheelchair,
Geri-chair, merry walker, etc. for proper storage when not in
- Train staff and monitor location of linen/trash barrels (must
be moved q 10-15 minutes) when on the halls. Ensure proper storage
when not in use.
- Train and monitor proper request for supplies.
- Train staff on the importance of utilizing supplies only for
patients to whom they were charged. . Check rooms for resident's
names on the supplies when making rounds.
- Direct and monitor patient care, monitor residents, and
resident's rooms for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Ensure chemicals, sharps, and any unsafe items are removed from
the resident's rooms.
- Ensure all liquids are labeled and dated when opened. (ex.
Insulin, saline, etc.) Check for expiration dates and discard as
- Train staff and monitor medication carts to ensure they remain
locked when out of the medication room and unattended.
- Assist the infection control nurse in maintaining an infection
free environment (check to assure, items such as urine graduates
are labeled, rinsed and turned upside down on a paper towel on the
back of the toilet) hats, bedpans, wash basins, and urinals are
properly rinsed after use.
- Assist restorative nursing in maintaining an ongoing bowel and
bladder program (perform random checks to ensure all residents are
being toileted as able and all residents remain clean and
- Review the restorative program with the Restorative CNA
responsible for completing weekly Restorative Notes.
- Maintain and control staff schedules and assignments. Keep
Director of Health Services (DHS), CCC and Human Resources informed
of any and all vacancies.
- Coordinate daily with the DHS to provide communication and
stability to each wing/unit. Attend and contribute to care plan
meetings when the care plan meeting involves a resident from the
Unit Manager's Wing.
- Complete Random checks of medication room refrigerators,
emergency box, etc. for expiration dates.
- Ensure that partners do not have food in the medication room
refrigerator, or the nourishment room refrigerator.
- Assist Infection Control in checking the nourishment room
refrigerator to ensure all items are dated and that dates are
within range/in date per policy. Discard all unlabeled food items
and/or expired food items.
- Keep DHS informed of any controlled drugs to be ordered. Attend
the morning meetings and contribute information as need to the
- Any other duties as determined by supervisor.
- Implement partner relations practices necessary to establish a
positive employer-partner relationship and promote a high level of
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities, and issues.
Propose solutions to issues as appropriate.
- Must be able to promote and foster positive relationships with
co-workers; maintain effective relationships with management staff,
other partners, and the general public. Must have timely, regular
- Follow all company policies and procedures, state and federal
laws and regulations, and is required to report violations to the
- Carry out all duties with a "Commitment to Caring" and in
accordance with the company's mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information. Demonstrate
honesty and integrity at all times.
- Able to respond to change productively and handle additional
projects as assigned.QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION
REQUIRED:Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university,
or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program.MINIMUM
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:One (1) year experience in long term care
setting.MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:Current and
unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of
practice.ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred
qualifications)Nursing service administration experience
preferred.Job: NursingPrimary Location: North
Carolina-DurhamSchedule: Full-time:Shift:1st ShiftJob Posting: Dec
1, 2020, 1:10:27 PM
Keywords: Pruitthealth, Durham , RN - Unit Manager Erwin Rd, Executive , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!