Dev Ops Engineer
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job Overview Global Specimen Solutions (GSS) is wholly owned a
company of Covance Inc. providing specialty CRO services in the
holistic specimen tracking space. GCS provides innovative software
and analytics that answers the 3 questions a Pharma company needs
before they can fully leverage their biorepository. These questions
are: 1) "Where is the specimen" - GSS virtually tracks specimens
during the life of the trial and after in order to pinpoint their
location whenever there is a need to use it for either further
research within the trial or for future bio research. 2) "Is the
specimen interesting to me" - GSS captures a large amount of
specimen meta-data to ensure that the researcher can evaluate if
the specimen is going to meet their exacting criteria. 3) "Am I
allowed to use the specimen for what I want" - GSS has a
revolutionary way of determining Informed Consent permissions on
specimens, that the subject has consented to, in order to ensure
the compliant use of the specimen. We do this with advanced data
acquisition tooling that we have created specifically for ingesting
specimen tracking data from the various systems involved with
clinical trials. From CTMS system, to Central Lab LIMS or small
Bioanalytical lab systems through eDC or IVRT, we can consume any
data with our patented DeToxify data cleansing and loading engine.
In order to facilitate the above we also have two other products to
assist. We have a full LIMS system that can run the Pharma's own
physical biorepository, and internal specialty labs, that is fully
integrated to the Analytics, and a mobile app that identifies the
specimen at point of creation. We are currently growing at a
phenomenal rate and are looking for those of you who have the Right
Stuff to help us keep up with this unprecedented demand. We have
the best of both worlds to offer you in your career advancement;
that of a dynamic, agile small company with the backing and
stability of a large corporation. If you are looking for unique
challenges to solve in an untapped space for the market leader, and
you think you have what it takes, we are the company for you.
Reporting to the Principal Architect, the individual in this role
is responsible for implementing Dev Ops best practices at an
enterprise level. The candidate such be self-motivated with the
ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in
navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
- Work in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products
across the organization.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining,
developing, and evolving DevOps related software and processes in a
fast paced and agile development environment using the latest
software development methodologies and infrastructure
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating
duplication, leveraging common DevOps processes, tools, and
- An aversion to manual processes and the desire to automate
- Communicates continuously with management and peers about the
status and progress of ongoing projects. Education/Qualifications
- BS/BA in Computer Science or BS/BA in another related field
with 2 year Associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience as a Dev Ops engineer.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery,
and Continuous Deployment pipelines that will support, enhance and
grow GSS's CI and CD capabilities.
- Experience with Test Automation and Continuous Test in a
delivery pipeline. Experience with sub-gui testing and service
virtualization in the cloud a plus.
- Experience with Deployment orchestration tools such as AWS
CodePipeline, Urban Code Deploy, Jenkins pipeline.
- Experience with Atlassian products including AWS CodeCommit,
AWS CodeDeploy or Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with managing DB changes through tools such as
Liquibase/Datrical or Flyway.
- Experience with binary asset repositories such as Nexus and
- Experience with build management tools such as Maven or
- Provide guidance regarding agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Exposure to container technology
- Manage all components in the full stack, and assist with
building out server automation across the entire
- Ensure critical systems, applications, and services are always
up and running by monitoring, gathering, and analyzing data from
different network sources. Note: Work remote available.
Keywords: Covance, Durham , Dev Ops Engineer, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!