Senior Data & Analytics Platform Engineer
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Blue Cross NC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data & Analytics
Platform Engineer to join our Data & Analytics team.
In this role you are responsible for the architecting and
engineering of various and complex aspects of platform architecture
and services in cloud hosted infrastructures which might include
network, compute, storage, application servers, middleware, and
* Independently plan and develop complex engineering designs in
support of the implementation of platform for integrated software,
database, and analytics solutions. Develop an analytic technology
ecosystem so that the tools work seamlessly together
* Ensure data scientists, data engineers, and analysts have the
tools needed on the analytics platform
* Define and develop platform to fit the needs of Data and
Analytics and support advanced analytics
* Provide expertise and knowledge in emerging technologies with
strategic technology vendors
* Participate in software and hardware licensing,financial and
capacity activities within the environment
* Proactively provide information and ongoing consultation for DnA
* Execute the detailed design of larger and/or more complex
internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service
owners and partners.
* Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning,
coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis,
systems support, incident and problem resolution, software
installation, and upgrades.
* Provide detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning
production incidents when required.
* Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and
schedules to expedite workflow and ultimately improve
* Build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture
community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide
input into strategies and standards related to area of
* Collaborate with vendors on infrastructure/technology designs to
ensure the final product is what was architected or designed and
supports DnA needs
* Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members
* Bachelor s degree and 5 years of cloud engineering/architecture
experience is required.
* In lieu of degree, 7 years of cloud engineering/architecture
* Direct experience in one ore more of the following technical
specialties: software development, cloud deployments, network,
compute, storage, analytics, and database.
* Experience automating tasks associated with technical
* Experience integrating analytics technology with cloud-based
* Experience leading cloud platform projects and initiatives,
specifically projects/initiatives that support advanced
* Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
* Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning
with relevant technical specialties):
* Experience engineering technologies to be delivered as a service
and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
* Nice to have: AWS or Azure Certifications.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Senior Data & Analytics Platform Engineer, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!