Field Support Engineer
Company: Parata Systems
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Position Overview We are currently seeking a Field Support
Engineer in the Nashville/Murfreesboro, TN area. The Field Support
Engineer will provide advanced level technical support through the
performance of on-site servicing and repair of complex pharmacy
automation and systems. He/she will inspect and approve operational
quality of system and equipment. The FSE periodically will also
install products and train customers on its operation. When
required, the FSE will lead new project teams and help create and
update technical manuals and other product documentation.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States on a
permanent basis. If hired, you must be able to pass a background
check and drug screen and have a clean driving record (3-year).
This is not an IT support or helpdesk job. Prior hands-on
experience with troubleshooting and repair is required. Knowledge
of PCs and familiarity with basic networking is a must. HEAVY
DRIVING is required. Key Responsibilities
- Installation, calibration, testing, maintenance and repair of
pharmacy automation equipment and systems in various pharmacy
environments. Manage installation assignments and assigned
customers within a district.
- Submit documentation and service reports via electronic
- Deliver strong customer service and problem resolution skills
at new and existing client sites. Ensure customer satisfaction and
maximum uptime by maintaining equipment functionality and by
troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software related
problems. Monitor status of problem resolution at all times.
- Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of
products. Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative
and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Mentor entry-level service engineers.
- Increase knowledge, skills and abilities with focus on becoming
a technical expert on core products.
- Is prepared to respond to last-minute escalations which may
require overnight stays.
- Apply technical expertise and statistical analysis techniques
to diagnose problems; refer to technical manuals and schematics as
- Ensure technical information is updated by reviewing and
editing service manuals, service bulletins and product reference
- Develop and implement programs for advanced product training.
Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) by providing detailed
technical training. Assist entry-level FSEs to shorten the learning
curve on new products.
- Foster positive customer relations by responding to
complaints/inquires in a cooperative, supportive, and professional
manner. Resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner. Skills
- Associates degree in Electronics Engineering, Electronics
Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Robotics
Engineering or Biomedical Engineering Technology plus 3-5 years of
experience in a field service role.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
servicing medical or complex business equipment may be
- Excellent communication skills including good grammar,
enunciation and listening skills.
- Highly motivated to provide superior customer care.
- The following networking and computer skills are required
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems including
Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Extensive knowledge and ability to utilize DOS and CMD prompt
- Ability to locate and edit configuration and XML files within a
- Knowledge of setup and use of routers and switches along with
networking and TCP/IP
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Understanding of ghosting and re-imaging processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to use standard hand
tools to perform mechanical work.
- Proficient with digital multi-meters and voltage/amperage
- Previous training experience strongly preferred.
- True commitment to customer satisfaction with account
- Must be a highly responsible professional who can perform work
independently with little supervision.
- SQL knowledge a plus.
- Willingness to extend him/herself beyond the specified workday
as required by the situation Work environment and physical demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the company), reasonable accommodations will be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
- This position may be subject to both outside environmental
conditions as well as inside environmental conditions common to a
pharmacy location during an installation or maintenance visit.
- Work will primarily be in the field involving long-term
standing and frequent walking as well as include common hazards
maneuvering through pharmacy locations.
- Work will also include working with fingers by picking,
pinching, typing, and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds
frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb,
balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit,
stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime and/or overnight work and travel may be
- Daily car travel is required; occasional air travel is
possible. Travel by car may average four hours per day, with
occasional shorter and some longer drive times expected.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
- While COVID-19 precautions are in effect, this role may require
use of face masks/face coverings and gloves while working in
customer facilities. Parata is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard for race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin or
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or
Once you apply, you will be contacted by our HR Business partner,
ExpressPros, to determine next steps in this process.
Keywords: Parata Systems, Durham , Field Support Engineer, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!