Principal, AI/ML Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Description:Principal Software Engineer, Machine
RoleAs a Machine Learning Engineer, build and maintain large scale
ML Infrastructure and ML pipelines. Contribute to building advanced
analytics, machine learning platform and tools to enable both
prediction and optimization of models. Extend existing ML Platform
and frameworks for scaling model training & deployment. Partner
closely with various business & engineering teams to drive the
adoption, integration of model outputs. This role is a critical
element to using the power of Data Science in delivering Fidelity s
promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial
The Expertise and Skills You Have
- Has Bachelor s or Master s Degree in a technology related field
(e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- 8+ years of proven experience in implementing Big data
solutions in data analytics space.
- 2+ years of experience in developing ML infrastructure and
MLOps in the Cloud using AWS Sagemaker.
- Extensive experience working with machine learning models with
respect to deployment, inference, tuning, and measurement
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala,
Python), SQL, Unix scripting or related programming languages and
exposure to some of Python s ML ecosystem (numpy, panda, sklearn,
- Experience with building data pipelines in getting the data
required to build and evaluate ML models, using tools like Apache
Spark or other distributed data processing frameworks.
- Data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), Messaging/Streaming
Technologies (AWS SQS, Kinesis/Kafka), Relational and NoSQL
databases (DynamoDB, EKS, Graph database), API and in-memory
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed
systems using Open-source technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins or equivalent),
version control (Git), orchestration/DAGs tools (AWS Step
Functions, Airflow, Luigi, Kubeflow, or equivalent).
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and
- You have strong technical design and analysis skills.
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced
- Your experience supporting critical applications.
- You are familiar with applied data science methods, feature
engineering and machine learning algorithms.
- Your Data wrangling experience with structured, semi-structure
and unstructured data.
- Your experience building ML infrastructure, with an eye towards
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written
and verbal channels.
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple
teams in the organization.
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business
priorities and technology advancements in Big data and Data Science
- Designing & developing a feature generation & store framework
that promotes sharing of data/features among different ML
- Partner with Data Scientists and to help use the foundational
platform upon which models can be built and trained.
- Operationalize ML Models at scale (e.g. Serve predictions on
tens of millions of customers).
- Build tools to help detect shifts in data/features used by ML
models to help identify issues in advance of deteriorating
prediction quality, monitoring the uncertainty of model outputs,
automating prediction explanation for model diagnostics.
- Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify
our data and ML ecosystem.
- Driving Innovation and implementing solutions with future
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and
- Resolving technical roadblocks and mitigating potential
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous
integration/continuous delivery pipelines.The TeamPI Data
Engineering team (part of Personal Investing Technology BU) is
focused on delivery data and ML solutions for the organization. As
part of this team, you will be responsible for building advanced
analytics solutions using various cloud technologies and
collaborating with Data Scientists to robustly scale up ML Models
to large volumes in production.Please see below for the salary
range for work locations in Colorado only:N/A
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New
York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/A
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in
Certifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately
held company with a mission--to strengthen the financial well-being
of our clients.--We help people invest and plan for their future.
We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering
benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and
independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to
help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll
find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that
positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take
advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage
of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home.
Honored with a--, we have been recognized by our employees as a
Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background
to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for
learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At
Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way
that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and
offsite through what we re calling \u201C\u201D. Most associates
will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a
Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days,
every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.We
invite you to--Find Your Fidelity--at--.Fidelity Investments is an
equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way
to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an
enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will
reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need
adjustments to participate in the application or interview process.
To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR
Accommodation Team by sending an email to--, or by calling
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.At Fidelity, we value honesty,
integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a
heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to
go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process.
Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go
through a background investigation and may be asked to provide
additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes
but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory
review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent).
These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history,
depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law,
Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will
review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana),
cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Durham , Principal, AI/ML Engineer, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!