Senior Cloud Network Engineer - Remote
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Client is seeking an experienced Enterprise Cloud Network Engineer.
This resource is responsible to work across the entire Cloud
Services organization and ensure cloud networks are implemented as
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support on research, design, development and implementation of
cloud network architecture and strategy.
- Troubleshooting cloud infrastructure issues related to
networking and security.
- Building highly scalable and highly available solutions
deployed on public clouds (such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP), and/or
- Assistance in working with other DIT teams, which includes the
network and security teams, for cloud on-boarding and
- 25% Incident Management
- Assist the operational team as needed and requested.
- Troubleshoot issues for customers in the cloud and provide
cloud infrastructure/networking configuration changes.
- Technical resource to perform root cause analysis and post
- 30% Cloud Infrastructure Administration
- Research, design, develop, and implement cloud network
architecture and strategy.
- Build highly scalable, highly available solutions deployed on
public clouds and/or hybrid environments.
- Assist the cloud team to evaluate and identify optimal cloud
solutions. Assist in providing tactical direction and operational
support for the networking and security of cloud applications and
- 15% Cloud Consulting
- Provide design, security, technical and financial consulting to
customers migrating to the cloud.
- Consults on issues and requests from clients (agencies) that
require the implementation of complex cloud
- Educate clients and teams on the implementation of new cloud
networking/infrastructure technologies and initiatives.
- 30% Cloud Management
- Provide administration, maintenance, and support of the cloud
- Schedules and coordinates the installation and configuration of
cloud network infrastructure solutions with customers and other
internal DIT teams.
- Evaluates cloud networking infrastructure capacity and
recommend solutions to address demand.
- Maintain and keep track of all technical duties that are
related to cloud networking such as design, planning, management,
maintenance, and support.
- Manage, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve network performance
issues: utilization/throughput, slowness, and unexpected
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities / Competencies:
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to
troubleshoot complex cloud networking infrastructure issues.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to
communicate cloud standards and security best practices to
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated with strong team-oriented and collaborative
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructure
components such as compute, storage, load balancing, network
management, and monitoring (network and security).
- Experience with routers, routing protocols, and overall routing
- Experience with firewall configuration and optimization,
including Palo Alto VM Series and Firewall as a Service (AWS and
- Knowledge with WAF as a Service (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Knowledge of core network services (including DNS, DHCP, and
IPAM technologies) Knowledge of IAM technologies (Azure AD, AD AWS
- Experience with name services and resolution, associated IP
- Experience with VPN technologies to include IPsec and SSL
- Ability to work on large TCP/IP networks, design,
implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to document detailed designs.
- Knowledge with automation/scripting, including definition of
automated processes, and developing supporting infrastructure as
Keywords: LanceSoft, Durham , Senior Cloud Network Engineer - Remote, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...