Engineering Lab Technician
Company: Wolfspeed, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the
passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate
different perspectives to foster excellence across our
organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of
what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can
bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can't be done? Innovation is
at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved,
from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here's the Gist
As a Lab Technician for the Power Applications Engineering Lab, you
will be responsible for maintaining a topnotch lab and supporting
engineers by soldering, assembling PCBs, designing and building
test setups and demonstrations and conducting testing. An ideal
candidate would have experience organizing and maintaining a lab
that is used by numerous internal engineers as well as hosting
- Assembly and rework of PCB assemblies with SMT and through-hole
- Create and maintain organization of parts and equipment in the
- Assist engineering staff with various hands-on and logistical
- Mechanical fabrication of fixtures, enclosures, and test
- Ordering, restocking, and maintaining lab components, tools and
- Performing electrical, mechanical, and thermal testing
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements)
- Associates degree in electrical engineering technology or
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous
- 5 years of experience working in an electrical
design/development lab, ideally in the field power electronics or
- Experience assembling PCBs and soldering SMT devices
- Ability to design and implement basic circuits to support test
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must posses good hand dexterity, be able to lift 40lbs, and
walk or stand most of a shift.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as
designated by management.
To put it legally - Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of
race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age,
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other
protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wolfspeed, Inc., Durham , Engineering Lab Technician, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!