Early career - Performance Engineer
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Do you enjoy finding bottlenecks and removing them to make products
faster? Then this might be the job for you. It combines system
architecture, troubleshooting skills, performance testing, and the
opportunity to explore new areas in hardware and software. An ideal
candidate would have experience writing automation or finding
bottlenecks across a complex system.
Key Responsibilities: Requirements:
- C reate automation (using Python, Ansible, shell scripts, etc)
to be able to run bottleneck analysis across multiple versions of
software and/or hardware
- P rocess large amounts of data to find the performance needle
hiding in the haystack In the future,
- D esign tests (in addition to creating the automation) to
answer questions and find bottlenecks
- S uggest changes to improve performance of our products
- E valuate areas where we have a lack of performance coverage
and fix it
- L ook at new and future workloads and design performance tests
that mimic them
- E ducate customers and partners on the Nutanix architecture,
- a pproach to data reliability and performance, and
- d ifferentiation in those areas.
- C omfortable with Python
- C omfortable asking questions when working with large and
unfamiliar code bases.
- C omfortable with at least one Linux performance tool
- G ood at solving problems, and able to work independently
- I nterested in developing a breadth of technology skills in
operating systems, virtualization, networking and storage
- E xcellent verbal and written communication skills
- W illingness to work in a fast growing and sometimes
- e nvironment
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix
is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we
call ourselves "Nutants") are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and
one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at.
We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an
obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers
with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes
each of us unique.
We're growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us
and make your mark.
About Our Business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in
hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible
anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to
leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at
any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud
We're an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an
Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered
for employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status,
disability status or any other category protected by applicable
law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of
qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables
all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and
welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination,
intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a
reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting
Keywords: Nutanix, Durham , Early career - Performance Engineer, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!