Scientist/Engineer, Assay Development
Company: Baebies Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Baebies is a medical device company that develops and
commercializes newborn screening and near-patient testing products
for children and adults to enable early disease detection and
comprehensive diagnosis. Guided by the vision that everyone
deserves a healthy start," their mission is to save lives and make
lives better for all by bringing new technologies, new tests, and
new hope to children, parents, adult patients, and healthcare
We are seeking an Assay Development Scientist/Engineer to join the
R&D team at Baebies. The candidate reports to the Director of
Technology Development and will provide assay development expertise
to add new tests to Baebies' product platforms. The candidate will
be expected to work under dynamic environments, often accompanied
by strong time constraints. Personality traits most predictive of
success in this role include unbridled scientific curiosity,
deep-seated passion for solving problems and an enjoyment for
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop new molecular diagnostic assays (PCR/RT-PCR) on the
digital microfluidic platform.
- Optimize assay design and reagent formulations using DOE tools to
achieve desired levels of performance and stability
- Characterize assay performance across various analytical
performance metrics including precision, specificity and
- Derive solutions for technical challenges imposed by system
- Analyze experimental results and provide written protocols,
reports and oral presentations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS with 4+ years of relevant industry experience or MS/PhD with
2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Preferred experience in molecular diagnostic assay development,
background in microbiology or host response.
- Preferred degrees are in Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry or
- Candidates will be required to perform a 30min lab-based problem
solving exercise as part of the interview process.
Compensation & Benefits
Baebies offers a dynamic and welcoming work environment surrounded
by intelligent, driven, and creative people. Guided by the vision
that everyone deserves a healthy start, our team is devoted to our
customers and to advancing technology in early disease detection
and comprehensive diagnosis. At Baebies, we look for people who are
innovative, dedicated to our mission, and constantly striving to
improve the status quo.
In addition to competitive, market-driven compensation, Baebies
provides a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
100% employee premiums for Medical & Vision coverage
- 100% employee and family premiums for Dental coverage
- 401K Matching
- Stock Options
- 4 Weeks PTO
- 14 Paid Holidays per year
- Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Onsite free gym membership & classes
- . . . Much more!
Baebies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Baebies Inc., Durham , Scientist/Engineer, Assay Development, Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!