DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description and RequirementsThe DevOps Engineer takes ownership
of the infrastructure and automated processes that build and deploy
VeraSci's applications, assesses where and how those can be
improved, and implements the improvements. The preferred location
for this position is Durham, NC.VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:To be
considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by
WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable
reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption),
candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19
vaccine by start date.SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPReports to Director
of Development Operations. No supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE DEV OPS ENGINEER:
- Perform administration, configuration, and support of
cloud-hosted environments in Microsoft Azure, including Web Apps,
SQL Databases, and Storage services.
- Create automation scripts / pipelines for build, deployment,
and maintenance of software products and infrastructure.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and optimize end-to-end
DevOps solutions for VeraSci Products.
- Perform manual processes to support build and release
activities until those processes have been automated.
- Support translation and localization of our products and
managing software language resources and assets.
- Work with Product Manager, development teams, support staff and
other internal stakeholders to fully understand product priorities,
- Review or help maintain documentation, including, but not
- Automation Design specs
- Software/System Architecture & Design specs
- Development and technology standards and processes
- Author, review and maintain SOPs, work instructions and
guidelines for DevOps processes and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DEV OPS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an information technology
- Minimum of 2 years of DevOps experience in an agile software
- Experience developing CI/CD build and release pipelines in
Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, Azure
CLI and YAML
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following
languages: python, PowerShell, node.js
- Thorough understanding of git source control mechanics
- Experience building IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and performance
engineering a plus
- Experience building iOS and Android mobile apps is a plus
- Experience with security monitoring and cloud security best
practices a plus
- Experience using Angular.js or other SPA framework (Angular 2
or later preferred) a plus
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals or another regulated
industry a plus
- Knowledge C-DISC standards, GAMP, GCP or FDA's 21 CFR Part 11
or experience with clinical research data a plusAbout VeraSci:
VeraSci is a clinical research company offering eClinical software,
translation services, and expertise in endpoints and assessments.
VeraSci brings scientific expertise, strategic innovation, and
unwavering commitment to each project, helping clients worldwide
develop novel therapies.WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin or
ancestry, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship, veteran status, reprisal or any other legally
recognized basis or status protected by federal, state or local
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status,
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status,
reprisal or any other legally recognized basis or status protected
by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: WCG, Durham , DevOps Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!