Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton's Vehicle Group is looking to hire a Senior Manufacturing
Engineer or the Roxboro NC location. Relocation assistance will be
provided if needed.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for
designing, planning, and supervising the installation and
maintenance of electrical/electronic controls and instrumentation
for machinery and support equipment used in the manufacturing
process. Equipment supported includes new and existing which is
either purchased or built in house.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will
- Utilize PCs and various tools to diagnose, correct and improve
machine and process performance.
- Implement cost savings projects by evaluating and implementing
new and improved processing techniques or electrical/controls
- Design, plan, and implement electrical/controls upgrades on
existing equipment for improved performance.
- Assist in the training and development of electronic
technicians and other electrical engineers. Support manufacturing
by assisting electronic technicians in troubleshooting and
repairing complex electrical and electronic equipment.
- Provide innovative technical leadership to other engineering
disciplines in the use of electrical and electronic products in
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing process work instructions
and electrical/electronic drawings. Maintain electrical and
electronic drawings, ladder logic diagrams, computer program
listings, and other documentation using AutoCAD computer
- Recommend and review preventive maintenance programs, gauging
systems, and machine controllers. Complete equipment proposals and
purchases for these types of programs and systems.
- Evaluate new technologies in the electrical and electronic
field for the purpose of incorporating these technologies in these
manufacturing process. Utilize these technologies to improve
production processes, part quality, and safety.
- Implement new types of testing and calibrating instruments to
aide electronic technicians and other engineers troubleshoot and
- Evaluate machine vendor proposals for effective processor and
programming requirements. Lend project technical and management
support as necessary on new capital programs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in engineering
- SAP Experience
- Experience with engineering modeling
- Proficiency in operating an engineering computer, and various
standard and engineering-focused applications such as SolidWorks
and CAD/PDM/SAP systems is a strong plus.
- Experience in large part assemblies
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-North Carolina-Roxboro
Roxboro NC Loc
VEH NAA North America Auto
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :092616
Keywords: Eaton, Durham , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Roxboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!