Compliance Engineer (Hardware Engineer IV)
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Compliance Engineer (Hardware Engineer IV) - DEV-111919-010i
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for an
experienced Compliance Engineer who will be responsible for
managing agency compliance for the Toshiba Global Commerce
Solutions (TGCS) point of sale products. This will be accomplished
by developing and executing compliance programs, advising the
development teams on compliance requirements, maintaining
documentation, and preventing and/or resolving compliance issues in
all the regions of the world where Toshiba Global Commerce
Solutions does business. The ideal candidate will interact with the
hardware development, supply chain, legal and other internal and
external teams to ensure product compliance from a global
Responsibilities of the Compliance Engineer:
- Be a key member of the compliance team for compliance and
regulation activities for TGCS products
- Be a key strategic resource for TGCS on regulatory, standards and
- Monitor and communicate external trends that lead to potential
changes in standards, regulatory, and compliance documents.
- Act as the organization focal point of contact for external
entities such as UL, Intertek, and other agencies.
- Contribute to the alignment of marketing, development, and
compliance activities globally
- Proactively guide development project teams in support of new
innovative product development.
- Be accountable for ensuring TGCS product designs meet all agency,
standards, and regulatory requirements and obtain
- Review compliance impact of new and modified engineering
documentation, such as drawings, proposed engineering changes and
provide subject matter expertise for the proper disposition.
- Assist in maintaining certifications by ensuring product
modifications are compliant.
- Attend meetings, providing regulatory expertise and direction for
products, being able to relate products to regulatory
- Ensure accuracy of content of all test reports and certificates
issued by global test agencies.
- Ensure that all required information (i.e. warning statements,
compliance statements, output power, energy consumption data, etc.)
is current in all affected product literature and that all data,
product, and carton labels are accurate.
- BS degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering oror equivalent
- 6 - 10 years with Compliance Engineering experience in the IT or
- Working experience with regulatory agencies. Intertek, UL, DOE,
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret standards, legislation,
regulations, technical journals and legal documents
- Ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external
customers, regulatory and governmental agencies
- Ability to effectively organize, present and communicate
information to management, teams and approval agencies
- Excellent follow-up skills, organization and detail
- High standards of integrity required
- An effective problem solver, with ability to utilize analytical
techniques to resolve conceptual issues.
- Must be willing to travel as required
- Understanding of applicable regulatory standards in relation to
our products and requirements to obtain global product
certification, including, but not limited to, IEC/EN 60950 and
- Strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Meets deadlines and produces high quality work
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to adapt with needs of business Team player
- Requirement to work with people internationally
- Lead experience is a huge plus
- Hands-on experience for EMC/EMI/RF exposure regulatory compliance
for FCC/ISED. Experience with standard professional test lab
equipment and processes for certification.
- Solid interpersonal skills and communication skills (written,
verbal and presentation). Able to effectively communicate technical
information to audiences of all levels, including external
- Demonstrated specialized technical knowledge and leadership, and
application of that knowledge in an innovative manner.
- Proven ability to simultaneously and independently manage
multiple tasks, solve problems, lead projects and work effectively
in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks/assignments using
independent judgment and with limited supervision.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment.
- Possess good leadership, presentation and communication
- Experience in Hardware or Software functional testing
- Configuration Management discipline
- Experience with product safety standards and regulations.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar
global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing
retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been
in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods,
earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our
'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory
shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary
and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Durham , Compliance Engineer (Hardware Engineer IV), Engineering , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!